AFTER 11 - DINO

POV LANFORD HARRINGTON

I was astonished when I found out that Caelen transformed into a Werewolf, but I am more surprised when Traevon was with her during her first transformation.

Nagpaalam ako kay Caelen at kay Traevon, at mabilis kong pinuntahan sa university is Joaquim Hidalgo, the Thirteenth Alpha. I know that he has something to do with the unforeseen meeting of the Royal Heir and Caelen San Rafael. Natagpuan ko ito na nasa rooftop na kumakain ng isang can ng ice cream.

"Terravita is an advanced Alpha skill that can command animals on a larger scale. I am planning to visit Montana and Wyoming after this school year. I want to test Terravita on the T-Rex fossils if I can still control them," sabi nito nang maramdaman nito ang presensya ko.

"Professor Joaquim, Terravita is only applicable to live animals. You cannot wake up a T-Rex."

"Tyrannosaurus rex is still classified under Kingdom Animalia. Terravita should work if I combine it with Conformo. Do you think I can create a new Jurassic Park?"

Conformo is the advanced Alpha ability of the Keller family to make clones. I am not sure if the Thirteenth Alpha is serious or he is just messing up with me.

"Professor Joaquim, Tyrannosaurus rex lived in the late Cretaceous Period. As far as I know, there are no T-Rexes in the Jurassic Period. But who am I to argue with the Thirteenth Alpha?" sabi ko sa kanya at umupo sa tabi niya.

"Lanford, you have the Historia ability now. Why don't you use this ability on dinosaur fossils? Try to absorb their past."

"Again, they are already dead. I don't think it will work. At saka dinosaurs sila, hindi tao."

"Sino naman nagsabi sa'yo na hindi gagana ang Terravita at Historia sa dinosaurs? Malay mo naman gumana. I will let you know about the result of my experiment. I can use it in my biology class."

"I am not here for extra classes about dinosaurs. I am here to talk about your great grandson. Do you know that he met Caelen in Isabela? Of course you know. You sent her to Traevon!" sabi ko sabay kuha ng ice cream niya.

My father Lancelot Harrington and my mother Gwenever Eriksson Harrington were both former students of Joaquim Hidalgo. I trained with the Thirteenth Alpha for months during my teen years. We shared a professor-student bond that eventually became an unlikely friendship.

"Kasalanan ko kung bakit sila nagkahiwalay. Masisisi mo ba ko kung gumawa ako ng paraan na magkasama silang muli?"

"Don't play cupid. Iba na ngayon, Professor Joaquim."

"Iba na ngayon because? Because you are already falling in love with Ms. San Rafael?"

"I promised to Traevon that I will take care of her."

"At walang kaalam-alam ang apo ko na siya mismo ang humiling sa'yo nito bago pa siya mawalan ng alaala."

"I am just wondering why Caelen transformed into a Werewolf. The spell of the babaylans of Kalingayan Village should have deactivated any of her Werewolf transformation."

"Being a human Mate of a Werewolf is one thing. Being a full blooded Werewolf is another."

"What do you mean? Caelen is indeed a full blooded Werewolf?"

"She is the granddaughter of a Direct Heir and a babaylan from Kalingayan Village. She was a dormant Werewolf as her Werewolf genes were deactivated due to a Sealing Spell, but she became a full blooded Werewolf when Traevon made her his Mate last year."

Mate. Caelen San Rafael was the Mate of the Royal Heir, Traevon Eriksson. And now, they do not have any memories about their past.

"Professor Joaquim, do you think it is time to tell them what really happened?"

"It is no use. Walang alaala si Traevon at si Caelen ng nakaraan nila. The only way to break free from the Memory Erasure Spell is for Traevon to make Caelen his Mate again. And I am sure it is only a matter of time before this happens."

Tumahimik lang ako sa sinabi ni Professor Joaquim. About a few months ago, Traevon asked me to take care of Caelen. And that simple request seemed to develop into something deeper, something like an unnamed affection to her.

But I guess even if both of their memories were erased, true love will bring them back together.

"Professor, the First Heirs want to ensure that the marriage of Traevon and Zackie will proceed. Pero mukhang ikaw ang malaking hadlang sa balak nila."

"Sino ba ang susundin mo? Ang mga First Heirs o ako?"

"Labindalawa sila, isa ka lang."

"Eh sino mas pogi?"

Tumawa lang ako sa sinabi ni Professor Joaquim. Unlike the twelve First Heirs who are all serious, the Thirteenth Alpha does not sound like millenia-old Werewolf.

"Lanford, I have a favor to ask you."

"Ano po 'yon?"

"Stay close with Caelen. Make Traevon jealous. If you want to tell Traevon that you want Caelen as your Mate, you can do so. We need to force Traevon to make Caelen as his Mate again."

"What made you think that I follow you instead of the twelve First Heirs?"

"Syempre mas pogi ako sa kanila! Sino pa ba ang magsa-sabwatan? Eh 'di ang mga pogi?"

Kahit gusto ko sundin ang mga First Heirs, mukhang hindi ko kayang tanggihan ang Thirteenth Alpha.