Chapter 1: I told you so

It's been a while since he got him in his vision. For multiple nights in a row, he observed his target without his knowledge. Of course without his knowledge. It is impossible to know as he, the supernaturally skilled police officer, has the skill to move his soul out of his body when he is asleep. When he is just his soul, no one can see him, except if someone's heart rate hits 180 beats per second. Then the blood flow is so strong, that someone can see supernatural things. Fortunately, people think it's just in their heads because of the heart's fast beating. They should've known that it is true. Although some people almost catch him. Those are the people who believe in a spiritual world. They are also the people who are the trickiest. At times when he roams around and people exercise in the middle of the night, they might be able to see him. Especially when they believe in the spiritual world. They think he is a ghost, angel, or someone with attachments to religion. He's not. He is just a soul roaming to find the culprit and catch him in the daytime or let him come to the police on his own. He uses his soul moving positively and he never tries to scare someone, except for his culprits. They deserve it, isn't it? In that way, it makes the soul-moving fun and they might go to the police themselves to confess. If not, he together with his team will catch the culprit during working hours when they gathered enough evidence. When the culprit still won't confess, he will look them up in jail and scare them more. It's easy to scare them. Just lift some stuff, close a door, or turn off the lights and there you are. Even though it is just his soul, he can touch things from the physical world. As long as the activity does not cause his heart rate to go beyond 100 beats per minute, otherwise, he'll wake up. That's the reason why he exercises a lot, as an athletic heart beats slower.

Now he's standing right beside his culprit who he observed for the last couple of weeks. It's not because the culprit is extremely smart, bad, handsome, or anything. He is just too... how to put it... too much of a scaredy-cat that he does not look up from all the stuff he does. When he closes the door, puts out the lights, or blows in his ear, he reacts, but he just throws it on his paranoia. Never has he seen such a person. He believes he might have even seen the officer, but he just rubbed his eyes, looked at him again, and said he must be too tired as he is seeing things. In the beginning, the police officer was annoyed. Like, how in the world is this possible? The worst criminals did he scare to death with his tricks, but this petty criminal... But now, he is quite intrigued. How is it possible? Maybe he does not feel guilty, maybe that's why he is not scared. Or not to that certain extent like the other heavy criminals. Maybe it's just an act, and he actually knows the officer is there but deliberately ignores him.

He's looking over his shoulder at the computer screen. The culprit is busy looking at embarrassing pictures of important people. He is looking for his next victim to tear down. How many people did he get down because of leaked pictures he found? It began with an acquaintance, his boss, to an actress, a vital businessman, with the last one being a politician. Now he is looking at pictures of someone who should not be touched. It's the person they should be loyal to. Should be, not that they are. He looks at the profile of his culprit. With the fullest concentration, he stares at the screen. The officer grins and blows in the culprit's ear. The culprit lets out a short scream of annoyance and rubs his ear.

"Ghosts these days", he says sarcastically, but he knows that he actually believes in them. The culprit moves on and looks further at the pictures. He ponders which pictures he is going to use. The officer knows he has to stop him. If he proceeds to do this, he will not be just a petty criminal, but someone who will be a danger to the country. Not that his previous acts are 'petty,' it's just, that he does it in such a way that people don't die, so he calls him a petty criminal. He agrees with his doing, but well, he's an officer, so he is the one who should take people down. Though it's not possible in this country but that is another matter. The culprit chooses a picture, checks the source, and puts it in a folder. He is a better reporter than some other reporters who just post whatever without any base. The officer tickles the culprit's neck. The culprit slaps immediately his neck as he thinks it must be a mosquito. The officer grins. He became attached to tickling him. His reaction is just right. He tickles the hand that still lays on his neck.