Chapter 6: Bully

The officer looks at his board with information on his target. The target moved apartments in the past few weeks. He put his current and past addresses on the map of the city to find a clue. This morning he put his most recent address on it.

"Why does it look like a diamond? Am I overlooking something? Or maybe...?" Instead of connecting them, he draws lines between the first and fourth addresses and the second and third addresses. His hand stops when the lines cross. "This is exactly where I live. What does he mean by this? He wants me dead? I mean, he made a cross. This is a cross, with me in the middle of it, as if I have to be on that cross." His mind goes blank and he just stares at the map. "Did I just misjudge him? I thought he isn't that dangerous. He never killed people directly. When people committed suicide it was because of all the things that they did themselves that he published to the public. There is no evidence that he forced them to do it. Well, at least I didn't find it." His colleagues did not even find him yet. Actually, that is not true. They found him, but they could not catch him due to a lack of evidence. The culprit does these kinds of things for quite a long time, but in the beginning, he got caught because of his insufficient skills. As this was a similar way of working they thought of asking him. Of course, he denied it as everyone could do it. And he is right. Hacking and cyberbullying are something everyone can do in this era and a lot of people do it. Look around, multiple celebrities, students, and employees have committed suicide among other things because of bullying. Although, this is the case the officer is not keen on catching his target yet. His target can be called a white hacker. He only targets people who deserve it. Although, true maybe everyone deserves it, as everyone has something that shouldn't have been done. He remembers the little boy in swimming class who he laughed at together with his friend because of his new haircut. His haircut made him look like a coconut. The boy didn't come anymore, but the officer didn't realize it was bullying until he got older. He deserves it too then, right?

"What if... No, that's not possible, right? He's not that coconut boy, is he? Does he want revenge? Was it that bad that he wants me dead? Should I apologize to him even though I'm not sure it's him?" He rakes with his fingers through his hair. If he comes to visit him again, he will ask him. Subtle. But at least he'll ask him. The officer looks at the clock and comes right into the action. He's late, which is rare for him. The minute he gives himself to prepare himself, he looks into the mirror to style his hair and puts his bag over his shoulder. With a new record, he arrives at his desk as if he did not have to struggle to be on time. "He should come today, right? He hasn't come in for a few weeks already." The whole day he looks up when a client comes in. The old, grumpy man came in again because he thinks his computer is hacked, but actually, he went to shady websites that put malware on his computer. The short-haired foreigner who keeps coming back as her Thai ex-boyfriend keeps threatening her with publishing erotic photoshopped pictures of her. A pretty female, who always wears sunglasses to hide that she's a celebrity came, too, as her account was hacked again and disturbing messages were sent to followers. So many people came, except the one he wants to come. It's as if he is missing him. The working hours seem to drag on but eventually end. He cleans up his desk and walks outside. He stands still for a moment to enjoy his short freedom before he has to do his routine.

"Finally done?" a familiar voice sounds like it's addressed to him. He looks to his side, where he sees the familiar face he wanted to see for some time. The last time they saw each other mutually... Did they see each other? The officer saw him, but as far as he know the culprit did not look at him once.

"Yes, I am." It stays quiet. "So..." The officer slides his foot over the ground.

"I suppose you received my message?" Is it that message he tries to convey with his past addresses? That he wants him dead? He can't be that straightforward, right? He tries to let his brains work for one moment more, but he can't think of anything related to this.