Chapter 3: Humane

He was unsure if he should visit his culprit's house, but what else could he do? Let him keep doing the things which would put him in danger? Not that him being in danger is the problem, he just feels the need to stop him. Probably it is as he actually agrees with him but disagrees with his tactics. But at the same time, he doesn't know how to support him but only to stop him in time. Now he stands in front of the door and takes a deep breath before going through it. This time he cannot tease him. He cannot make it obvious that he is in his house again. Like how the culprit said, he is trespassing, although it's just his soul. He infringes on someone's privacy, which he can't deny. He looks around the new apartment. It's a bit smaller than the first one. The interior changed and he has a sofa now. Probably from the previous owner, as he doesn't look like someone who would spend money on a sofa. The sofa stands right under a small window. The only window in the room. Light is not the first need of humans when looking at houses. The officer sits down on the sofa, so he can keep an eye on his culprit and the screen if he shifts a bit. The culprit yawns and the officer can't help to yawn, too. The culprit's face distracts him from thinking of a plan to stop him. He looks like he hasn't slept well in days. His eyes are red and puffy, which can even be seen from where the officer sits. He is concentrated despite the many times he yawns. It's funny how his dimples turn up briefly every time he smacks after yawning. His dimples are clear. Every time he speaks, smiles, or grins, you can see them, but in this way, they just look more special, as they disappear so soon again. He tends to poke the dimples, but now he can't, well..., he shouldn't. The officer keeps the screen in check with one eye. The person he's staring at still looks for the material to bring the great god-like person down. But his tiredness wins from his ambitions as he yawns, leans on his hands, and closes his eyes. For a moment, they open again, blink a couple of times, and close for good. The officer stands up.

"He's asleep?" He waves his hand in front of him. He knows it doesn't work, but it's out of habit. He ponders what he should do. Let him sit like this? Put a blanket around him? Move him to his bed? Could he put him in bed without raising his heart rate? But even if he exceeds the heart rate, there's nothing worth remembering. But if he, the culprit, wakes up? Then he knows for sure that the officer is here. But at the same time, he probably knows it already. Otherwise, he would not come by the office and keep the tracker on the computer. He cannot believe that the culprit didn't find it. He takes a few steps to the door, looks back, and sees the malformed face leaning on his fists. His glasses are raised alongside his cheeks. The officer debates if the culprit looks funny or adorable, but it nevertheless brings a smile to the troubled officer. He cannot leave him like this, can he? He sighs and walks back to the culprit. He finds a note. Did he miss it when he came in? Well, true, he didn't check the desk. In addition, his arms were on the place where the note lies. It's similar to the note he gave him in the afternoon. But on this one, something more is written on it in the officer's handwriting.

"I told you so... And I'll help you to break your promise." He just stares at the paper. The last sentence is his handwriting. When did he write that? During a time he forgot? But why didn't he show this note? What was the not he showed at the police station? Did he want to check something? Maybe he is more dangerous and cunning than he thought. He puts back the head of the culprit, so he keeps sitting on the chair, takes off the glasses, and carefully rolls him to his bed. Then he slowly pushes him out of his chair onto the bed, lifts his legs on the bed, and puts a blanket over him.

"Thanks", mumbles the culprit before he rolls over, snuggling in his blanket. He feels the urge in his hands to caress his hair, but he holds back.

"Just view him as a puppy. He is, though. He is totally like a puppy now." His eyes are drawn to his sleeping, satisfied face. But he knows he can't stay there, not because it would be strange to do that, it's for no use. He turns away and leaves the room to go back home.

"I rolled this way to step in my bed? That's not something I normally do..." He tries to recall but doesn't know if it's a dream or reality. It's strange if Tong would put him to bed, isn't it? But it doesn't matter how he ended up in bed, there's a new day and more important things to do. He refreshes himself, finds his glasses, and gathers his materials. Still, with a sleepyhead, he finds his way to the bus station. He can afford a car, but there is already too much traffic. One person is not enough to fight the crowdy roads, but if he also would think that way he is no better than the car drivers. Together with the crowd, which either cannot afford a car or are like-minded, he enters the air-conditioned bus. After 30 minutes, he arrives at his working place. It's a grey mass, not because there are a lot of people, but because of the stiff, colourless clothes which reflect their mood. Bird, on contrary, always tries to wear something with colour. That's the reason he's regarded as the weirdo among his colleagues. He simply tries to be a spark within the harsh, boring world. With a smile and a cheerful "good day", "good morning", "hello", "Bonjour", and any other greeting you can think of, he greets everyone he sees. His working day begins... again.

After 9 hours of surviving, he's allowed to go home. Although it's hot, he prefers to walk home. It's a way to think and have a bit of exercise, as he knows that he should exercise more to balance his food intake. He stops on the bridge, leans on the railing, and screams. An older couple grabs their chest out of shock. A jogging foreigner looks over her shoulder and almost oversees a shorter local, who then curses at her. The vlogger looks annoyed as his vlog is ruined and has to retake it. Bird ignores them and lets out a sigh. That was a relief. He got stuck with his target. He knows that this is the last one, but he doesn't know if this is the last as he will succeed or will fail. This is the last one on his list to fulfil revenge. Is it revenge? Or more out of spite? Maybe that's not right either. He's not a person to keep grudges for a long time. Additionally, this person did not do anything, especially to him. It's his favour to do this for everyone. He's convinced that this country would be a better place without him. Like his lonesome fight against the traffic overload, he fights this fight alone against this... "person", if that's the right term to describe everything that looks like a human. He debates if everyone can be called "person", "human", "man", or "woman" when the figure looks like an average creature that's also called that way or if there're more characteristics attached to the terms. Does someone need to be something to have the right to be called that way? Or need to do something? Maybe it needs to have a specific characteristic? Or maybe it shouldn't do something, since some creatures, who comply with an average person's appearance, are called a beast. Where is the border? Maybe he is also a beast. But he has the average person's appearance, has a job, and likes to help people. Isn't he eligible to carry the label "human"? Bird stares at the water flowing under him. He's a human, he concludes. He walks further and after 40 minutes he arrives at his doorstep with some food from a food stall he didn't try yet. He installs himself in front of the computer again. He grabs the note, scribbles something on it, and places his food on it. He knows that Tong will find it.

"If he doesn't react to this..."