~B I R T H D A Y G I F T ~

Myrah Carol-Anne Johnson

I

m on my way to the hospital right now.

I feel defeated. I'm in an ambulance. Sitting with me are the 2 that I chose. I wanted Flo and Michael to come with me.

Richard had gotten arrested while I was getting put onto the gurney. Hopefully that motherfucker stays behind bars. If he does then we'll run the groups without his trifling ass.

The amount of interviews I'll have to do after the media finds out about what happened. And lord forbid the tabloids get ahold of the situation. Jesus. I'm trying to prepare for my birthday. But it's difficult to do when you have a child molester running after your ass.

I laid on the gurney emotionless, feeling numb to to the world. Flo cried next to me while I, myself couldn't muster up any more tears to shed.

All I could feel was the movement of the ambulance on the rigid road underneath us, and the vibration the tires were sending to the rest of the emergency vehicle, as the driver hit the breaks most likely in light off seeing a stop sign, or getting caught at a red light.

Red. The color of blood. It made me remember that I need to see a gynecologist for my bleeding.

A vagina is the hater way to gods greatest gift. You interact with it too get pregnant. And in return, if done right, you recover gods greatest gift to man kind. A woman is even more blessed if she is extremely fertile. That's how my mother is.

I'm very terrified that, by this happening to me, I might not be able to fulfill my dream, to live it out the way I see fit. I want a big house with a husband and a lot of kids. I preferably would want Michael as my husband, but you never know how things may end up.

I reached my hand out for Michael to hold on to. I need some stability in my life. I need comfort at this very moment.

I never noticed till now but he has really large hands. They are warm and soft. It's comforting to hold his hands. The embrace helped me get my mind off of the negative in a way. Michael is a positive figure in my life and all I could think about was him.

At that moment I wasn't thinking about the EMT that was in the back with me making sure that I'm ok, I was thinking about Michael. I was thinking about his cute Afro that was no longer kinky, but curly and fluffy. I was thinking about the his perfect eyebrows. The adorable patches of vitiligo that plagued and discolored his face, the patches that just made me say there is no way this boy can get even more current than he already is. I was thinking about his soft dark brown doe eye that can make any girl fall for him in an instant, eyes that'll make your knees buckle at the sight. I was thinking about his adorable knows and his smile. OH MY GOODNESS, his smile.

He is already a beautiful specimen himself with no help, but when he smiled it was like magic. He could brighten the darkest soul with that damn smile of his. His whole family, they a have pretty smiles. But there's just something different about his that makes you want to thank God , or Jehovah that you even witnessed it.

Whenever he's smiling I always think to myself that heaven must be missing an Angel.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt myself being transferred to another hospital bed. They got me to a room and started running test. Ya' know. The usual.

When they did leave after their normal procedure I was left with Michael and Flo sitting in the room with me.

I don't know how long we had been sitting in this room but the time consumed me and so did the overwhelming emotions. The tears that I couldn't find in the ambulance earlier today, I found them while laying on this thick, stiff, mattress.