Chapter 8

(Chace)

It's been a few days since the party and it's now Tuesday. Yesterday, Victoria was really late to school, and today, she was pretty late as well. I wonder what's going on. HUH!!! What if she's an assasin and has been on multiple missions lately?! I thought to myself.

I was in the cafeteria when I noticed Victoria, Jamie, and Tylerwalk in. They sat at a table and Victoria didn't have any food with her. She layed her head on the table and Tyler shook her. She must be sleep deprived or something.

**********************************

I walked out of the school and saw Victoria putting her skateboard in the back of Tylers truck. Now's my chance. I thought to myself.

"Victoria! Hold on!" I yelled while running towards her. She turned around to face me and waited until I reached her.

"What Chace?" She asked sleepily.

"Do you-uh- do you maybe-um- want to-um- doyouwanttohangouttonite?" I asked and waited anxiously for an answer.

"Um, sure. Ty and I were just about to go to the gas statrion to get some Monsters really quick. When and where should I meet you after that?"

"Um..." I stopped to think for a minute. My dad should still be at work so..."Just have Ty drop you off at my house. Then we can figure what to do from there?"

"Sure." She got into Tyler's truck and they drove off down the road. Now, to go clean my room.

(Victoria)

Tyler and I got some Monsters from the gas statioin and we were on out way to Chace's house. I'm really glad he asked to hang out with me because I need some time away from my jackass of a brother.

We pulled into Chace's driveway and Ty parked his truck. I got out and grabbed my skateboard and Monster from the backsear.

"Bye Vic. Have fun!" He said with a wink.

"Oh I will!" I winked back and we both started laughing. "Bye Ty!" I yelled as I walked up to the front door and heard Tyler driving away. I knocked on the door and waited. Eventually, the door was opened by a very tall, muscly man in a bussiness suit.

"Can I help you?" He asked with no emotion.

"Um, I'm here to see Chace." I said as I looked up to see this man's face. He looked in my eyes then moved aside. He turned around and was about to yell for Chace when he saw Chace standing right behind him.

Strange. I thought to myself. I could've sworn I sensed a bit of danger there for a second.

Chace cam up to me, smiling. "Victoria, this is my dad. Dad, this is Victoria."

"It's very nice to meet you, Mr.--"

"Oh, please. Call me David." He cut me off. I held out my hand and shook his. When my skin touched his, that feling of being in danger came back.

What is going on?