Chapter 3

That night, after I showed my talents to Jamie and Tyler, I was at home sitting on my bed when there was a knock at my door.

"Come in!" I said and my legal gaurdian Scott walked in.

"Hey, Vic. How was your first day?"

"Good. I met two people who are now my friends."

"Alright. That's a start. Can you tell me about them?" 

"Yes." It took Scott a couple seconds to realize that I wasn't going to say anything else.

"Ok. Will you tell me about them?"

"Fine. Well, one of them is named Jamie. She's pretty cool. The other is Tyler. He's really nice. You would think that he and Jamie were together, but Tyler's gay and has a boyfriend."

"Hm. Well, don't show them what you can do."

"About that..."

"You already showed them?! Victoria, you can't do that! If they tell, we're dead and they could be too! Vic, you know this!"

"I know, Scott. They think it's cool. They swore not to tell. They're like me. They have no one to tell who will believe them. They're the ones that people think are wierd. Like me."

"I hope you know what you're getting yourself into."

"I do Scott. Promise."

"Alright." He sighed. "Get to bed. You have school tomorrow. Oh, and let us at least say goodbye to you in the morning. Please?" He said before standing up to leave.

"Ok, I'll try." He gave me a small smile and left. I shut my door and changed into a black tanktop and grey booty shorts. I put my textbooks back into my bad and crawled under my dark red duvet cover and turned off my bedside lamp. Soon enough, I drifted off into a dreamless sleep...

I woke up early the next morning to my phone playing 'Fallen Angels' by Black Veil Brides. I dismissed the alarm and got in the shower. After my shower, I put on some black skinny jeans and a black fitted T-shirt. I threw on my DC's and grabbed my stuff. I already dried my hair, so all I needed was to grab my board and leave. I slowly and silently walked down the stairs to find Scott sitting at the table.

"Trying to leave without Jessie and I getting the chance to say goodbye?"

"Well, Ty and Jamie wanted to hang out before school started so I got up early." I lied.

"Why don't you ever let us wish you a good day? or say goodbye, at least? Why are you so distant when it comes to hanging out with us?"

"Scott. I'm still adjusting to you guys. You guys remind me so much of my parents, it makes it hard to hang out with you. Now, if you'll excuse me, my friends are waiting." That last part was a lie, but the rest was all true. I picked up my board which was next to the front door and left. I reached the school earlier than usual because I skipped breakfast. The school doors where still locked, and I obviously wasn't the first one to be early. There eas a group of guys next to teh stairst that lead up to the front doors. As I reached the sairs, they all turned to look at me as I sat down to listen to music. I was still wearing my sunglasses, but when I looked back at them, there was one that stood out. It was the guy I ran into at lunch the day before.

I figured  out his name was Chace. I had to admit that what he was wearing today mad him sook pretty sexy. He was wearing a tight white T-shirt that hugged his muscles. He was also wearing faded ripped jeans with black tennis-shoes. I finally refocused my attention down to my Ipod. I put in my headphones and turned on 'Mr. Saxobeat' by Alexandra Stan. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket teling me I had a text message. I looked ar my phone to see it was from Jamie.

From Jamie:

Hey Vic. I can't come to school today. I got sick. Oh, and Ty is skipping with his boyfriend. Srry!

Great. I was all alone on my second day of school. I sat there for a moment before I realized that I should probably reply.

To Jamie:

It's ok. I'll live. Feel better.

To Tyler:

Have a great time with your boyfriend today! ;)

The doors where finally unlocked and the group of guys had gone inside already. I stood up and grabbed my stuff. I walked inside and made my way to my locker. After taking care of my textbooks, I headed to homeroom. I sat down in the back corner of the room and pulled out my headphones and took off my sunglasses. I took my sketchbook out of my bag and started to draw two wolves fighting. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a figure take the seat next to me. After a moment, I heard a whisper in my ear.

"What are you drawing?" He asked.

"What do you think it looks like?" I asked while looking him in the eye. It was Chace. He looked down at my sketch, which only had one wolf so far.

"It looks like a wolf." He said while looking me in the eyes again.

"It's going to be a wolf fighting another wolf." I said while looking away. I didn't want him to notice my eyes golden color. Most get wierded out by it.

"Sweet. I'm Chace by the way." He held his hand out for me to shake. I took his hand and gently shook it.

"Victoria. Nice to meet you."

"Oh, the pleasure's all mine." He released my and and gave me a small smile.

"Quite the gentlean for a high school guy." I grinned back. He was about to say something but was cut off by Mr. Watson.

"Chace. Will you please stop talking with Ms. Stone so you can both get out of my classroom?"

"Yes, sir." He answereed by standing up with a grin on his face. As I gathered my things, I got a feeling that that wasn't going to be the last conversation with Chace I was going to have today. And I was right...