Chapter 9

(Victoria)

After meeting Chace's dad, Chace took me upstairs to his room. He was trying to find something and suggested I come with him so I don't get bored waiting. Of course, I happily obliged. I'm not waiting downstairs when I keep feeling in danger. He started to get really frustrated.

"Where the hell did I put it?! Oh my god!" He yelled.

"What are you looking for?"

"My wallet. It was right here!"

I grabbed his wallet from his side table and held it up for him to see. "You mean this?" He turned around to look at me. When he saw me holding up hi wallet, he blushed a little bit and face palmed himself. He gently grabbed his wallet from my hand and stuffed it in his pocket.

"So, what do you want to do?" He asked.

"I don't know." I sighed and sat on the edge of his bed. He soon sat next to me and an awkward silence filled the room. Finally, I decided I was going to break that silence. "You wanted to know why I'm so...different, right?" I looked at his face as he turned to look at mine.

"Yeah. There's something different about you that attracts me to you, or something. And don't say it's some family problem, because it has something to do with your eyes."

"Well, part of it is a family problem. The other thing though... I'd have to see how you use my trust in order to tell you."

"Oh, ok. Well, then what's the family problem?"

"Well, it started two years ago when my parents got in a car crash..." I then explained everything to Chace. About Mom and Dad dying, about Bodie leaving me and coming back expecting me to care. Chace sat and listened. It was nice to talk to someone after awhile about everything. I like how it lifted a weight off of my shoulders.

(Chace)

Victoria told me her story and then we went to the mall. I soon realized the time and told her I had to go do an assignment that was due the next day. I headed home and she stayed at the mall. I was in the kitchen getting some water when my dad came in.

"Who was that girl who came over today?" He asked while staring at me.

"Her name's Victoria. She's awesome. There's something positively different about her though."

"Where is she?"

"At the mall, getting some Batman snapback hat or something."

"Oh. Well, I left something at the office. I'll be back later. You'll be ok, won't you?" He said grabbing his keys and coat.

"Yeah. I'll be fine." I said and he left.

(Victoria)

I was on my way out of the mall with my new Batman hat and I felt like somebody was following me. I turned the corner and a hand went over my mouth. I would've fought, but there was a cloth over my mouth and I blacked out.