Chapter Nineteen: The Deity [2]

A cold breeze brush through my face as it made my messy hair flutter. I stood behind Agapius who is now talking to the Deity I had encountered—Aella.

The previous weapons I used shifted as they disappeared from my grasp, returning on the inventory. A holographic screen appeared, it showed me the Requip's inventory. Currently there are only around thirty items stored in it, only weapons. Though I would also like to store various types of clothes so that I could change easily in terms of this kind of situation. The screen disappeared as I focused my attention to the two deity.

"It's been while, hasn't it agapius? You look older the last time I saw you, probably around a thousand years ago."

"And you've become an old hag as well, Aella."

"I'm perfectly young, I'm only a two thousand and five years old!"

"Sounds like an old hag to me."

"Shut up, you're over five thousand years old, you're much more of a grandpa than I am!"

"Quit yelling then and show some respect to you elder and disappear."

Here I thought they'll be ranging right at this moment but they look like regular people bickering, like certain friends do.

Speaking of age, Agapius's over a thousand years old? That's shocking, here I thought he's only a few hundred years. Now that she mentioned that, didn't he say he's a new born deity? Has he been lying?

Well honestly speaking, all I did believe was about the game, but the trial...not so much.

Even so, I wonder...how much was a lie and how much is true to what he had said to me in my first day.

"You're over five thousand years old, Agapius?" I uttered as he jolt and slowly glance back at me, eyes averting.

"Ugh.. ye... Yeah."

"You lied about being a new born deity?" I again asked, I could see him flinch at the question I uttered.

"Pfft— him a new born deity? What else did he say, that this is his trial to become an official deity? Bwahahahaha!" The Deity— Aella, bursted out laughing uncontrollably.

"Ugh, can you shut up, you whirlwind!" Yelled agapius furiously.

I did say I trust him despite him betraying me. Did I say it on a whim? Of course not, I meant what I said. I am a man of my words.

"See boy? He's only deceiving you, why not accept my offer, with that you'll be able to get your normal life back." Aella suggested wiping the tears made by her laughter.

Well, as for the Deity trial thing, I do half-ass think that wasn't a lie. However him taking this trial to become an official Deity is probably the lie. Basing from his age, he is already an official Deity, in fact maybe when he was only a few hundred years old.

"Tsk, listen Dizian, I'll fill you in some other time I still need to take care of this Deity over here. And I promise to answer all of your questions once we're through, ok?" He said in a sincere and reassuring tone.

Not that I blame him for deceiving me, he has his reasons, probably. But if it's a lousy excuse then I have no other choice but accept Aella's offer.

"Ok."

Agapius smiled as he turn to his front to once again face Aella who has her hand crossed below her chest.

"Meh... You're really turning into a blind eye, huh? Can't you see, a God lying? Does that sound right to you?"

"Enough, I get your point Aella, you want my host out of danger. You don't want any human being get involved in chaos, ha!" Agapius snorted, "coming from a Goddess of Chaos herself, pretty ironic if you ask me."