Chapter 2

You were lost, it was getting dark. Twenty minutes and the sun will set. You never even got to know your Pillar, but you already underestimated him. Once you got picked for him he said, right there and then, that you have ten minutes to gather your stuff and both of you will leave, if you won't make it you will have to find a way to his Estate on your own.

You didn't take him seriously, how could you? This was possibly the last time you will see your friends for at least half a year. Ten minutes was far too little to say your goodby. When you got to the gate and asked for Shinazugawa, you learned that he had already taken off forty minutes ago. There was no way you could find him.

Here you are, alone, in the middle of idon'tknow, and it's nearly dark. If something will kill you it will be his fault, that's what you've written in your testament that you made up on a tissue.

After walking for a short while you saw some lights. There must be a town that way, or at least a village. You ran there as fast as you could because the sun had already set and you didn't want to meet any demons.

While at the village you tried to look for someone to talk to. It was late so most of the houses were already locked and the lights were out. You didn't want to wake anybody up. You spotted an inn, but just as you were about to step in a big man came flying out of it. Poking your head in the doorframe you saw a fight going on in the middle.

Wandering a little bit more you started to feel desperate. The inn didn't look like a good place to sleep for a girl dressed as a small butterfly. Knocking at someone's door may not end well and sleeping on the street also doesn't sound good. What to do?

You spotted a stall with some food. There was a woman standing in it. You quickly made your way to her and took a seat lifting the hanging materials to hide your head in the small, hot space.

''Welcome, what for you?'' The woman had a round face and a pink outfit, she had a friendly appearance.

''A piece of advice.'' You joked, still not giving up on your humour.

''What happened?''

''I've lost my master... well, in fact I didn't obey him in the first place and now I believe this is my punishment.'' Your head sank.

''Why did you disobey him? Masters are all about listening to them, they usually know better.'' She crossed her hands on her chest.

''I know I know, I feel embarrassed because of this and I'm sorry. He's my new master and I've only learned his name yet, I already disappointed him.''

''And what is that master's name? Maybe I know him.''

''Shinazugawa.'' You answered.

''Oh child, you're lucky!'' You looked up at her and her big grin. ''I do know him!''

''Really?!''

''Yes, and I need to say, you better obey him next time, listen to what I say child.'' She poked a finger at you.

''I know I will! I feel really embarrassed about my behaviour, just like I said. Uh, if I could only say that to him. Maybe he wouldn't be so angry with me.''

''Happy to hear you are actually embarrassed, but don't think, for even a moment, that I'm any less angry with you.'' You felt a shiver run down your spine as you heard that voice.

Darting your head to the side you saw a pair of pale, lavender eyes staring into your soul.

''Welcome master.'' Your head sank a second time, really deep.

''Yes, yes, welcome Shinazugawa! What can I serve for you today?'' The woman from the stall didn't lose her spirit seeing you getting scolded.

Your master ordered some food and the two of you sat in silence. When the woman brought his bowl you looked at it in a longing way.

''Anything for you dear?'' She asked.

You put your hand into your pocket to find some coins. Next, you gave Shinazugawa a look, but he pretended that he didn't see you. Finally you took out everything you had and placed it on the counter.

''Anything for that.'' You mumbled.

''You are lucky that you got here.'' Shinazugawa finally opened his mouth to you.

He was done with his supper and you were afraid that he would run away again, as your food only arrived. You started to eat the small bowl of soup as quickly as you could.

''Why do you act like a pig?'' Your master gave you a mental kick in the butt.

''Sorry, I don't want you waiting again.'' You mumbled finishing the bowl.

''Don't be so hard on her, she was really sorry earlier.'' The woman laughed.

''Thank you for the meal.'' Shinazugawa left and you hopped after him.

''Don't slow me down to much.'' He threw your way.

Now I know why no one wanted him.