Chapter 20

In the morning Shinazugawa felt like a ghost. He did not have a hangover, luckily. He still did have weird thoughts wandering his head. Laying in his bed, the white haired male fought with his thoughts. Tell her or not? Tell or not? He was afraid of rejection so very bad.

The man wandered into the kitchen, finding his love preparing breakfast. Rest of the Pillars were long gone. It was a sunny, fall day.

''Do you want to eat with me on the terrace? Tho one in my main room.'' He asked quietly.

''Hm?'' She turned to him with a carrot in her hand. ''Yes, of course.''

When the breakfast was ready they both prepared a nice sitting place to eat. Taking their places beside the table, they started to feast on the delicious dishes. Sanemi had to say that he really enjoyed the meals. If he would be bold enough to admit it, they felt like they were made with love. The Wind Pillar looked everywhere beside Y/N.

The day was beautiful. It got a lot colder than in summer, cloudy weather announcing its presence. Still, today was more like the last breath of summer. The sun giving its warm kisses to the pale face of the Pillar. The smell of late blooming flowers and fruit filling the garden, tingling his nose. Birds singing their goodby songs, last majestatic bugs preparing for winter. The food was amazing, just like he liked it, to the point of a small ohagi plate placed as a tiny dessert.

This was all because of her. Sanemi looked at his crush. She was currently snuggling one ohagi from the plate paced more on his side. It fell a bit so she caught it with her hand and put it in her mouth. Smiling to herself at the good taste she laughed a bit, her smile warm and clumsy. Then, she patted the floor with her hands, ready with her eating, curiosity lingering in her beautiful eyes as she looked forward to yet another peaceful day. Oh yes, time with her was definitely peaceful. It was soothing and relaxing, like a bath after a hard mission. She made him feel like his home was out of this reality, free from all sadness. He loved to come back to this place. Her touch was visible everywhere. The flowers scattered all around the once looming rooms and corridors. Now, they were filled with joy. The paintings bought from the weirdest merchants, hung a bit crookedly, because she wasn't the tallest. He never once touched them, even seeing the imperfections. It was like her fingerprints in his house. Never, did he interfere with what she did, too occupied with admiring the conscientiousness that she placed in every detail. He liked to fantasise that it was actually for him. He played scenarios in his head over and over, where he proposed, she was his wife, maybe even some kids.

Sanemi sighed. Dreams of a blissful future... but only dreams.

''What are you looking at? Do I have something on my face?'' Her soothing voice tore him out of his deep thoughts.

''What? Oh, no, nothing.'' He answered hurriedly.

''Aha.'' She answered, laughing a bit. ''I think I will tidy this all up.''

''No, wait.'' He didn't want her to leave this scene.

Standing up, he changed his place from beside the table, to the end of the terrace. His bare feet tingled by the green grass. The man patted the place next to him and Y/N took it without hesitation. There were no obstacles for her, the purity of actions overflowing, she was just not afraid of him in any sense.

''What do you want to talk about?'' Y/N asked.

''What are your plans for the future?'' Sanemi asked, looking up into the blue sky.

''I don't know. I don't really think about stuff like that.'' She answered, wondering.

''You don't want to start a family ever in your life?''