Chapter 14

Sanemi had a problem that he didn't know what to do about. He vowed to himself not to be in a relationship. Right now he has a crush. Rather majore one. That crush of his has been living under the same roof for nearly half a year, it didn't help the situation. No matter how hard he tried to not think about it, when she was around Sanemi just couldn't. You were so sweet, caring, funny and you were not afraid of him, not even once. From the very beginning you treated him like a human, not a monster. Brave or stupid, or both. He really didn't know what to do.

You on the other hand didn't even think about something like that. It just couldn't cross your mind. You and your master? No way. You were not someone for him. Yes, you liked him and he was handsome, but you just didn't see the two of you together... unfortunately. Maybe you did have a little crush on him, but he was just so awesome. You bet that many of your friends staying at other Pillars have similar feelings. Especially Miki looking at Rengoku every day.

Well, it was about time to talk with her about that. As it has been nearly half a year you were supposed to meet with Shinobu at the Butterfly Estate. The Pillars also had a meeting so it would be two matters solved at once.

The meeting with the Insect Pillar was supposed to sum up half a year of work. She was about to resolve any hard matters, change someone if wished, dismiss, shuffle and praise. Stuff like that, organisation. You didn't really have any things you wanted to talk with her about concerning your master. You were happy, no hard feelings. Yet, the Insect Pillar also wanted to investigate how her fellow coworkers felt about their Butterfly Girls.

That's why you and Sanemi took off from his Estate early in the morning. It would be at least half a day of walking to get to the Butterfly Estate. Last time it took you longer, but you had to get there alone.

Both of you were talking about small matters, making your way to the meetings.

✦✦✦

When you were welcomed to the Butterfly Estate it was afternoon. Your feet hurt a bit and you wanted to relax. You whined a bit so Sanemi just let you be and went to find other Pillars. You on the other side tried to locate Miki.

She was eating something. You quickly joined her, you were also hungry. There were other Butterfly Girls and Pillars in the room. You actually saw Sanemi entering with Rengoku, they were talking about something.

''I've read your letters, but I need to hear it from you.'' Miki started with enthusiasm. ''That Pillar of yours is... cool?''

She had a hard time believing this. She even thought that the white haired monster made you write letters like that to make him look better. Oh how worried she was about you!

''Yeah, I've grown quite attached to him. We have a nice master-pupil relationship.'' You gave her a dumb look.

''Did he brainwash you?''

''No, why?''

''Because you look spaced out.''

Did you really look like that? You didn't feel any change.

''What do you mean?'' You asked your best friend.

''Well... I was joking a bit at the beginning, but you do actually look spaced out. Just in a good way. Half a year ago you were your usual self, but you had your issues. Now, every story you tell me is light and happy, even the one with that demon and the chopper.'' She put her chin on her hand and gave you a look. ''Aren't you maybe in love Y/N?''

What?

''Are you stupid?'' You answered. ''Can't I just have a good humour?''

''Of course you can... it's just too good to be made by yourself.'' She grinned. ''Besides, you talk about that guy all the time. He this, he that. He's like everywhere in your life from what I hear.''