Chapter 3

Waking up, you sat in your bed. It was always weird to gut up in a strange room. Now this was your room. It was big and it was only you here.

Memories from last night hit you. You and your master came to his Estate, which was close to the village, the whole way in silence. He showed you your room and left you here. You had the whole evening to think about how much you messed up. You thought about making this up for him. Changing into the clothes that you found in the cupboard, you made your way down. Your outfit was simple and white. You looked like a housekeeper. Shinazugawa was nowhere to be found.

You explored the Estate. It had two storeys and was not very decorated. There were no flowers, no paintings. Just walls, floor, and a lot of empty rooms.

Looking out of the window you spotted your master training in the garden with some dummies. The garden looked better. There were stone paths and rockeries everywhere. A few tries gave shade in some places and there was a single rocking bench to sit. You could do a lot of things in that garden.

You ran down to the kitchen wanting to make breakfast. Unfortunately, the kitchen was empty. You had to ask Shinazugawa for some cash for groceries. You found a way to the garden, took a deep breath, and pushed the doors outside.

Shinazugawa was training hard, sweat dripping from his chin and forehead. He only had loose trousers on himself which made you look at him, no matter how hard you didn't want to. His skin was strewn with scars.

Suddenly he stopped smashing his sword into the dummies and turned your way.

''What are you staring at?'' He gave you a questioning look, rather an angry one.

''Sorry master.'' You bowed. ''I wanted to ask if you would be willing to hand me some money for the groceries. I wish to make you a meal.''

''I eat at the stall where I was yesterday.'' He shrugged his arms and went back to training.

Little did he know that now you were angry. Cooking was a sanctity for you. You loved to cook and nothing was better than a homemade meal. There were so many recipes for soups, main courses, and desserts. This whole thing was about to go to trash because of a simple 'I eat at the stall'.

''I am deeply sorry master, but I need to disobey you once more!'' You stated, looking at him.

He turned your way with an unsettling look.

''You got two orders and you can't follow even one?''

''I am deeply sorry master! As a Butterfly Girl I need to take care of your health and think that eating at a stall all the time is not best for you. You need certain meals depending on your training and wounds. I will cook for you.'' This was bold, but you crossed your hands on your chest.

Shinazugawa was a bit shocked. No other Butterfly Girl ever opposed him in this matter. Why was this one so eager to cook for him? Whatever, it would only make his food cheaper.

Master made his way towards you. When he crossed past you, you could feel the heat of his body. He was really training hard. You heard some coins rattling behind you, then, something banging on a wooden surface.

''Here.'' Was all that he said.

✦✦✦

Coming back with the groceries, you made your way to the kitchen. Finally it looked like someone actually lived here. You also bought some flowers and seeds to give a bit of a charm to the rest of the house. It was for your master's mental health. Kidding, you just felt like you lived in a ghost town.

Preparing the meal you thought about how you cooked for that guy even if he was so mean to you. Yes, you made mistakes, but you barely knew him and it was all new. Whatever, it's your job and you're a hard worker.

When the late breakfast was ready you packed it all, a few small dishes, on a bamboo tray, and went to your masters rooms. He had the whole part of the house for himself. You only peaked a bit while talking to him through the garden, but you actually never stepped into his part of the estate.

You knocked on the large door. They were painted light blue and had wind likenesses on them. Someone skilled must have painted it. You heard a faint 'come in'.

Pushing the door to the side you saw your master sitting and doing... you didn't even know what. He was just sitting there. He must have been doing something, but maybe he didn't want to show you. Why must he act like such a non-human?

You put the tray on a table.

''I hope you will like it, master.'' You bowed.

He didn't move an inch.

''After you finish breakfast I wanted to ask, would you agree to a massage? You can't leave your muscles like that after a hard training session. It's not efficient.'' Of course you didn't mean any sexy massage, you wanted to give him old, good muscle breaking.

''Never used them.'' He responded.

''I insist.''

''Why are you so stubborn?''

''I want to do my job good for you.''

He looked you in the eye, but you didn't back off.

''Okay.'' He made his way to the table.

''Where do you wish to have the massage?''

''Do you need to ask about everything? Just do what you think is best and leave me.'' he got angry.

''I don't need to ask if you don't wish me to.'' This magical sentence could give you so many new perspectives here, he just has to agree.

''Whatever.''

''Good, see you in thirty in your garden, master.'' You bowed with a sinister smile.

After you left the room Shinazugawa looked at the door you just disappeared behind.

Annoying, stubborn, weak, pretty and silly... everyone of them is like that.