Chapter 8

''Now, that was fun!'' Shinazugawa placed his fists on his hips and faced the sun. ''Still, your fault we fell in the water.''

''How could I know there was a bird?''

''What do you have that eyes for!''

''For looking you, ugh!'' You pounted angrily.

''No 'master' this time? Did I get under your skin?'' He smirked, looking somewhere your way.

''I'm sorry, master.''

''Drop the formalities, I don't care about them.'' He sat down, patting the surface, seeking any obstacles.

''What should I call you... master?'' You were uneasy about that.

''I have a name you know.''

''So I call you... Sanemi?''

''Mhm. Same goes for you, of should I cam you Butterfly Girl or dumbass for the rest of your life?'' He gave you a snicker.

''No, no, call me what you want, master Sanemi.''

''Is it really that hard for you to spit it out? You have a maid fantasy or what? I can play along if you like it.''

''No!'' What a perv. ''Okay, I'll just call you Sanemi if that's the sake to stop your fantasies.''

''Hey! I don't fantasise about you, don't get ahead of yourself.''

You laughed at him. He seemed angry, but he couldn't quite look your way so it looked as if he was scolding a bird swimming in the water next to you.

''You packed something to eat?'' Sanemi asked.

''Yes, I've made rice balls, but now they are more like rice soup.'' You mumbled looking at your soaked backpack.

''Too bad.''

Then you remembered about his wounds, adrenaline finally letting go of you.

''Mas... Sanemi, what about your cuts, have they opened?''

You quickly kneeled down to him and checked his torso. None of the wounds seemed to reopen luckily.

''You're all right, thank god.'' You let out a sigh.

''Hey, your top is all wet. Dry it out before we go off, I don't want to have you soaking me all the time.'' He argued.

The hanten won't dry on you that quick, it's all folded. You would have to take it off and place it neatly on the hot, stone surface for the sun to dry it out.

''What are you waiting for? Dry it.'' Sanemi growled, not hearing you move.

''But...'' You opposed.

''It's not like I can see anything!'' He reminded you of his temporary blindness.

You sweatdropped, he was right, it's not like he can see anything. You took off your hanten and shorts and spread it out on the stone, sitting next to it. You were in your underwear, cotton tapes holding your chest in place. Looking at the scenery, you admired it in silence. Truth to be told, it was extremely beautiful here. The whole lake spreads out in front of you, the sun giving you warmth.

''Are you there? Didn't fall in the water?'' Of course he had to destroy the moment with his complaining.

Your master started to wiggle his hands and slapped you on your belly accidently.

''Hey!'' You shouted.

''Shut it.'' He growled.

The two of you took your time there, waiting for your things to dry out and admiring the excellent weather. Later, you continued the jumping and the jog, coming back to the Estate late in the evening.

✦✦✦

You had guests waiting that actually let themselves in. Sanemi jogged into the house with you still on his back.

''Good work today!'' You cheered happily.

Your master gave himself a grunt of satisfaction and hopped you in his embrace.

''Hell yeah, with a Butterfly Girl like you I will get stronger in no time. Lubricate me how much you want with that weird ointments of yours.''

''What?''

Both of your heads darted to the right. Of course Sanemi couldn't know who was there, but you mentally slapped yourself for not looking around. Shinobu and Rengoku sat beside a table, minding their own business.

''Who is here?'' Sanemi spat out, looking to the right and left.

''The Insect Pillar and the Fire Pillar.'' You informed him.

''Shinobu, she is still there.'' Rengoku pointed at you, sitting on your master's back.

In that moment Sanemi let go of you and you fell to the ground. There was a loud 'thud' and an 'ouch' afterwards.

''You said you won't let go off me, Sanemi!'' You shouted, angry with your hurt butt.

''He said he won't let go of her.'' Rengoku was still pointing at you. ''And she calls him by his first name. Shinobu, can I also carry my beautiful Butterfly Girl? Shinazugawa, you're a genius, they have such small feet!''

''Don't get excited Rengoku.'' Shinobu sighed.