Chapter 6

Blinded, your master was twice as angry as usual. His hearing and touch were extremely sharpened. It was the third day of his recovery and he was very impatient.

''When will we start to train?'' Shinazugawa grumbled your way.

You were currently treating his wounds. Unwrapping his bandages you sought to spread healing ointment in the deep cuts. The new wounds and old scars made the skin on his torso and back look like a chess board game. Even though your master was angry most of the time, you didn't lose your spirit. You were still joking around him and trying to lessen the gloomy aura of the house.

''Actually, I wanted to propose it to you today. We must start off easily, your wounds cannot open, but we may do something.'' You smiled at him, he didn't see it.

''Your tone seems happy, why are you happy all the time?'' He asked.

''I'm happy to see you healing pretty well, that's all.'' You shrugged.

You acknowledged that with his current state he sought your voice. When you talked to him he was kinda more relaxed than when it was quiet. He never admitted it, but that was the case. When you babbled about anything he knew where you were and what your emotions were. So you just kept on talking.

''I've made you something, master.'' You opened a jar in front of him.

The area around you two filled with a nice, soft scent. It was oily and flowery.

''What is that?'' He asked.

''It's an ointment for your scars. I figured that you may be used to it, but scars tend to pull and stretch unnaturally compared to skin. Would you be willing to use it?'' You poked it closer to him and waved your hand, so he could smell it better.

''Never used...'' He started.

''I know, 'never used it', but does that mean you can't start, master?''

''Uh, okay.''

You smiled and kneeled closer to him.

''I will use it before bandaging you up, master. It may be cold.'' You said.

Picking up a bit on your finger, you started with his back. Tracing lines along his scars, you massaged the areas of his body. Unconsciously, you hummed a song, just as you do when you focus on something. You were a quick adapter, not feeling as awkward as just a few days ago. Grumpy or not, he is your master, no need to be shy around him.

Moving to his torso, you could feel the tense muscles under your soft finger. You traced a few lines on his abs and chest. Shinazugawa got small goosebumps in one place which made him look kinda cute. His head was down all the time so you had to help yourself. You didn't even think about asking him to put it up, you just placed a finger under his chin and pushed it. You were very focused on your work and humming the song all the time so it came out on itself. He gave in with your touch, having hundert more thoughts about this situation than you. You tended the scars on his neck and gave him one last rub on the cheek. Your thumb caressed his face in the place of the broken skin, as you used the ointment.

''All done!'' You exclaimed.

Shinazugawa looked a bit dozen off, he had to be honest with himself, that was relaxing.

''How often will you do that?'' This question came out of his lips a bit quieter than usual.

''Well, it would be best if I could tend to you everyday.'' You gave him expertise.

''Okay.''

✦✦✦

The time for the training came and you thought really hard about what you could provide for your master. He already stretched a little bit on his own, but you were afraid of his training with the dummies. The swings and cuts may open his wounds again, as most of them were on his torso. You also didn't want him to build up tension particularly due to his eyes. What could you train with him? Ah, his condition! You could help him keep up his condition.

''What would you say for a jog? Not a sprint, in any case! Just a long hog to help you keep up your condition. This way your blood will be running steadily.'' You exclaimed.

''Sounds good, but how will you keep up with me? You won't last as long.'' he had a point.

''I don't know. Yeah, that was stupid.'' You felt defeated.

''I have an idea...'' You heard him say. ''I can piggyback you and you will tell me the way. I don't have any wounds on the back and arms.''

Your cheeks flushed a bit pink at the thought of sitting on your master's naked back, but you quickly hid that thought. That was a great idea! You would also add weight to him.

''Let's do that!''