EDDIE MUNSON

Eddie lay in his hospital bed, staring at the ceiling bored out of his mind. He wanted nothing more than to go home back to his bed but he was trapped, hooked up to beeping machines and god knows what else.

"You're awake Eds," you said, leaning on the doorframe. His head snapped in your direction and the biggest grin you've ever seen.

"My sweetheart!" He said as he reached out his arms and made a grabbing motion before clutching his side in pain.

"Hello my darling," you said as you walked over and placed a kiss on his forehead.

"Please break me out of here" he begged as he took hold of your hands and kissed your knuckles.

"Is that my ring?" He asked, looking up at you surprised.

"You aren't allowed to wear them whilst you are in here and I'm so used to you being by my side everywhere I go I wanted one of your rings so I had a piece of you with me," you said as you twisted the ring around your finger.

"You look hot wearing my ring," he said as he kissed the ring and then your hand.

"I have good news darling," you said, stroking his head as he leant into your touch.

"What is it, sweetheart?"

"They've told me you can go home as long as you have round-the-clock care," you said and he threw his head back in annoyance.

"Of course! I don't think my Uncle is going to want to care for me constantly" he said, starting to tear up out of frustration.

"It's a good thing that I said I'd care for you then isn't it?" You said and he looked at you shocked. You climbed up on the bed and sat opposite him.

"You did what?" He said as he began to cry. He pulled you onto his lap as he clung to you, sobbing loudly.

"Darling what is wrong?" You said in concern as you hugged him tightly.

"I didn't expect you to stay by my side this whole time and I didn't expect you to say you'll care for me" he sobbed, his whole body shaking.

"Oh, Eddie my darling. Of course, I am going to stay by your side. I love you. You are my darling" you said, stroking the back of his head.

"Eddie, I have stayed by your bedside this entire time. I don't want to be anywhere else. I don't want anyone else. I want you and only you Eddie. It's always been this way" you said, pressing kisses to his temple as you wiped his tears.

"You could be with-"

"Eddie stop. You are only going to upset yourself even more. You are worthy of love. You deserve love. To be loved. I love you Eddie" you said as he looked at you with sad eyes.

"I love you too," he said as you placed a light kiss on his lips.

"Let's get you dressed and out of here," you said and he nodded frantically.

You climbed off his lap and helped him off the bed as he slowly began to get dressed.

"I am not wearing those"