PRINCE PAUL ; ENEMIES TO LOVERS [6]

THE NEXT DAY

"Summon Prince Paul," your father said and the guards nodded before leaving the room.

"Your highness," Paul said as he entered the room. He looked around and noticed it was just him and your father.

"Walk with me"

"I heard that you helped Y/N last night," your father said and Paul nodded.

"She did not feel safe and expressed how uncomfortable she was. I told her to tell me when she wanted to leave and she did so we left immediately" Paul explained and your father nodded.

"What do you know about Prince Thomas of Denmark?"

"I don't have anything good to say, your highness"

"Good. Tell me everything. He has asked to come to Scotland"

"I have heard that he is desperate for Y/Ns hand. And that his means may not be ethical. His means and methods are both ways me and Y/N disagree with. As soon as I told her she wanted to leave and he chased us the whole way to the carriage and tried to insist on her staying" Paul said and your father nodded.

"And where do you stand with Y/N"

"I enjoy the time I spend with her. She has a wonderful character and personality. She is a wonderful person and I know she will make a wonderful Queen to whoever that may be" Paul said and your father smiled.

"Do you still wish to marry her?"

"I do your highness"

"I give you permission to marry my daughter as long as she says she wishes to," your father said and Paul looked at him shocked.

"I can't thank you enough for keeping my daughter safe. She is my only daughter and if something were to happen to her me and her mother would be heartbroken"

"She has asked to meet you in her garden. Don't keep her waiting" your father said as he walked away.

Paul made his way down to your garden to see you gently swinging. You looked up and smiled when you saw him.

"Your highness," he said bowing and you laughed.

"You don't call me your highness Paul," you said as he stood in front of you.

"I should probably address you by your full title," he said as he sat down and you laughed.

"Don't be silly" you said and he chuckled.

"Thank you again for last night," you said as you took hold of his hands and smiled at him.

"Do you still hate me?" he asked and your smile dropped.

"I didn't hate you. I disliked you"

"Can I ask why?"

"You seemed to go out of your way to make me miserable. Making comments to other people that could have implicated me being able to find someone" you said quietly and he squeezed your hands.

"I'm sorry for my actions," he said as he looked deeply into your eyes.

"I forgive you"

"I didn't know how to speak to you. My mother wasn't around so I was never taught how to speak to people and I only knew what I'd seen so I spoke to you the way I'd seen my mother speak to her partners of choice" he said and you nodded.

"It's okay. Since being here you have worked it out it would seem" you said and you both laughed.

"Yeah?"

"You've become a lot nicer. You are bearable" you joked and he laughed.

"I might head back to Russia," he said and you looked at him shocked.

"What?"

"I am going to head back. I am going to withdraw my proposal. I head home tomorrow" he said quietly.

"Why?"

"I think it is the best option. I hope you find someone that makes you happy" he said as he stood up. He kissed your hand before turning and walking away.

"PAUL!" you shouted but he didn't stop or turn around. He kept walking.

"PAUL!" you screamed.