PRINCE PAUL

You stood on the balcony watching below as Paul rode in the gates. You smiled down as he climbed off and look up at you. He sent you a wave and a large smile before rushing inside the palace.

You stood on the balcony just looking out when the doors to the room flew open.

"Y/N!" You heard a voice shout and you grinned as you ran into the middle of the room. You stood there as Paul walked into the middle of the room and stopped, seeing you.

He ran across the room and scooped you up in his arms, spinning you in his arms. You giggled as he set you down and pulled you in for a warm hug.

"My darling how have you been?" He asked, leaning back to cup your face as he smiled at you brightly.

"I have been okay my love, a bit lonely but okay," you said as you pressed a gentle kiss to his lips. He smiled at you before kissing you, deeper this time.

"I hate leaving you here by yourself, you have to come with me next time," he said as you laid your head on his chest as embraced each other.

"Come with you? You can't be serious" you said as he grins at you.

"Oh, I most am. I don't want to spend another minute without you somewhere where I know you'd love to go" he said, beginning to sway you side and side gently as you giggled.

"I shall go wherever you go my Prince," you said and he laughed, squeezing you tighter.

"My Prince?" He asked as he held you out at arm's length.

"You are the Prince and you that makes you my Prince," you said, smiling at him brightly.

"You know for a fact that I am your Paul. Not your Prince" he said very seriously and you looked at home confused.

"You will always be my Paul first. Before anything else. You know this my love" you said as you cupped his face. He leant into your hand and looked at you brightly.

"I know"

"You just like to hear it?" You asked and he nodded, smiling at you.

"How about we take a walk in the gardens and then we can eat?" You asked and he nodded.

"Your mother was telling me she'd never seen you in the gardens before you met me," you said as you walked down the stairs, arm-in-arm.

"Oh for goodness sake, don't listen to a word the blasted woman says"

"So it's not true?"

"No, it is true. I had no reason to walk them before you" he said as you walked through the doors and outside. He held your hand tighter as you began to walk around the flowers.

"And now you do?"

"It means I get to spend time with you. Just me and you. Walking and talking together"

"We do have our best conversations in this garden," you said, smiling at him brightly.

"We do. It's one of the things I miss the most when I am away"

"If only you would go away less," you said and he sighed.

"You know-"

"I know. You don't get to choose where you go. Just told where to go and when" you said sadly, looking down at the grass.

Paul pulled you over to a bench and you sat down together, him taking hold of your hands.

"I've already been tasked to go to Austria," he said quietly and you sighed as you look away from him, trying to tear up.

"Fantastic" he took ahold of your chin and turned your head to look at him.

"You have to come with me. Please don't make me go alone" he said, pressing a kiss to your forehead.

"Paul. She'll never let me"

"I told her you are to attend everything with me. She tried declining at first and then I said how it could increase the chances of a grandchild and she said she doesn't mind and you can attend anything you wish with me"

"As long as there is a grandchild?"

"Of course. But that is more fun for us"

"When do we leave for Austria?" You asked, squeezing his hands.

"Tonight. So we best get packing" he said as he pulled you from the bench and back to your bedroom to pack.