ARTHUR HAVISHAM

"Y/N!" A voice called and you turned to see Amelia running down the stairs before she threw her arms around you, hugging you tightly.

"Amelia, do not hog my best friend from me," Arthur said as he grabbed Amelia and pulled you away from her.

He grinned at you before embracing you. He picked you from the ground as he spun you in his arms, making you giggle.

"She is my friend too Arthur!"

"But she is MY best friend," Arthur said as he continued to hug her.

"If only you'd marry her," Amelia said and you both stiffened.

She knew your crush on Arthur and had been encouraging you for years to confess but you never did. You couldn't.

"Amelia," he said as you pulled away.

"I am just saying"

"Say less," Arthur said as he placed his hand on your lower back.

"Anyway, are we ready to go?" you asked and they both nodded as Arthur pulled his coat on and grabbed his hat.

He offered you his arm. You smiled at him as you took his arm and walked outside together.

"I don't know why you insist on making me come with you," Arthur said as you walked side by side.

"We both know you love coming with me to these things"

"I do not"

"Then why are you smiling"

"I thought of a funny joke"

"You are an awful lair and you know it," you said as you both laughed.

"I do appreciate you coming with me," you said and he looked at you with a smile.

"I've told you before, I'll go anywhere with you"

"Even though you have a paddy anytime I ask you"

"I do not have a paddy"

"Arthur, I love you but you do have paddies. Lots of them" you said and he looked at you shocked as you walked through the crowd.

"Would the young miss like a drink?" one of the stall holders asked as they grabbed your arm.

"I suggest you remove your hand from her arm," Arthur said as he stood behind you. The stall holder removed his hand and looked away. Arthur took hold of your hand and pulled you to the other side of him before taking hold of your arm again.

"You do not need to scare everyone away Arthur"

"They should not attempt to manhandle you," he said and you chuckled.

"Arthur!" you heard from behind you and he froze.

"It's him" Arthur whispered to you quietly and you looked up at him concerned. He looked down at you with wide eyes as you pulled him closer to you.