7

Lei quietly ate an apple as she read her book, focusing through the buzzing noise of the kids around her.

She would've been outside but Naya managed to convince her to stay in the dining cabin.

Good thing she was always good at ignoring her surroundings.

"That's all you're getting?"

"Yeah Ms. Lei is that all your getting?" Sara asked from Beomgyu's back as he sat down next to her.

Lei looked at Beomgyu for a second before looking at her book again.

"Yeah." She answered absentmindedly.

"Why? You should eat more." Beomgyu asked as he stared at her.

"Why should I?" Lei shook her head as she continued looking at her book.

Lei was startled as Beomgyu placed his hands around her ear.

"There's a scavenger hunt." He whispered and pulled away with a raise of his eyebrows.

Sara looked between them in confusion as Lei narrowed her eyes as if saying 'So what?'.

"What did you say?" Sara whined as she tapped Beomgyu's shoulder.

"Nothing, Sara." He said quickly as he shook his head.

"But I heard you say something."

"Something you can't know. It's a counselor secret." He smirked as he looked down at his food.

Sara let out a gasp as she tapped her hand on his shoulder to make him look at her.

"Is it a game? Are we playing a game today?" She asked excitedly and Beomgyu only shrugged his shoulders.

"Start eating Sara, you'll need the energy." Juri said happily as she sat across from her.

Sara smiled brightly as she quickly grabbed her utensils.

"Yeah, you too Hawaii." Beomgyu intercepted as he placed a spoon on top of her book page.

"I'm not going to search-"

Beomgyu quickly placed his hand around Lei's mouth, interrupting her speech.

"Shush. It's a counselor secret." He smirked as she glared at him, practically slapping his hand off her mouth, making him smile bigger.

"You're so-"

"Annoying? You're gonna need a new insult, counselor Lei." He raised his eyebrows as he passed her his plate. "I'll go get another one, you take this one."

"Beomgyu you're-"

"Cute, yeah I know you think that. You're cute too, Ms. Hawaii." He joked as he stood up and walked towards the line again.

Lei stared after him in disbelief as she shook her head.

"See? I told you he likes you." Sara teased as she raised her eyebrows.

"He's just joking." Lei said quickly as she closed her book.

"Mmhm." Sara hummed as she smiled brightly.

"Juri, about the.. activity that we're doing today, did Ms. Sally need any extra help? I know Jun, Eli and Haneul are helping but I don't know if she needs anyone." Lei asked quietly as she looked at Juri.

Juri raised her head from the clipboard she had and shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't really know. I don't think so though, why?"

"I was just wondering. I was going to sit at the lake for a while before we leave for the.... activity." Lei said carefully as she gazed at Sara, who narrowed her eyes at her.