16

Lei opened her eyes and sat up slowly, looking around with furrowed eyebrows as she saw the beds empty.

She quickly looked at the clock and her eyes widened.

I slept in...

Lei stood up as she quickly placed a random hoodie over her head, practically running to brush her teeth.

She was lucky she slept with sweatpants.

After doing so as quick as she could, she ran down the dirt road, bursting into the office cabin.

She sighed in relief as she saw everyone standing around Ms. Sally, staring at her in slight shock.

"My alarm didn't go off." Lei excused herself as she looked at Juri for a second.

Juri looked away from her as she went to stand next to the rest of the counselors.

"It's okay, we just started." Ms. Sally smiled comfortingly making Lei nod her head.

Lei's gaze met Beomgyu's for a second, and he teasingly stuck out his tongue at her before looking at Ms. Sally again.

*****

"It's your fault." Lei said with narrowed eyes as Beomgyu followed her.

"How is it my fault?" He laughed as he skipped behind her.

"Because I wouldn't have woken up so late."

"It's not my fault your strengths are less than mine. I, managed to wake up on time." He teased as he flicked his hair.

Lei glared at him as he smiled at her.

"I love your hoodie, where did you get it from, my closet?"

Lei looked down at the hoodie she was wearing and noticed that it was the one he had landed to her the night of the sunrise.

"It was the first one I found."

"You look nice in my clothes you should wear them more often." He said as he switched from her left to her right.

"How do you have so much energy?" She asked softly as he engulfed her hand in his.

"Because I am an endless battery, baby." He whispered in her ear making her scrunch her nose in disgust.

"That was disgusting."

Beomgyu let out a laugh as he let go of her hand and placed his arm around her shoulder.

Lei looked ahead of her at Juri as she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Is she okay?" She asked Beomgyu quietly as she placed her arm around his waist.

"I don't know. She's been acting weird for a while now." Beomgyu spoke with a small frown.

"Aren't you her best friend? Go talk to her."

"I tried. She's avoiding me."

"Go now, she can't possibly move away." She urged as she pushed Beomgyu ahead of her, raising her eyebrows.

Beomgyu jogged up to Juri and walked next to her, making her look at him.

"Hey." Beomgyu greeted with a small smile, which Juri gave him back. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, why are you asking?"

He looked down at his shoes.

"You're just, acting different."

"What are you talking about?" Juri asked softly as she ran a hand through her hair.

"Well, you barely talk to me. You don't sit with me during anything. And you're just... acting weird. Are you mad at me?"