18

Lei helped Ms. Sally take down the balloons on the trees as everyone desperately ran around, taking down the decorations.

The party with the other camp was cancelled due to the crazy event that happened the night before.

The campers were interviewed by the police as they tried to figure out how the death of little Sam happened.

His body was too disheveled to be a child's work, but it was also too disheveled to be a human's work.

His arm was physically ripped off as if it was a band-aid, and so was his leg. It was almost like something pulled harshly and managed to detach his bones.

There were no traces of blood anywhere else. No reports of odd behavior.

Only the dead animals around the campsite.

That's all the police had.

The campers were now preparing their things to start going home on the next day as to not deter the investigation. Plus, the people in the camp were terrified and so were the parents.

An unfamiliar hand interrupted hers as he placed the balloon higher on the tree.

"You're too little." She was startled by a whisper in her ear, making her move away quickly.

"What the fuck are you doing?" She snapped at Jun who only smiled at her.

"I was helping you."

Lei glared at him as she started walking to the next tree, ignoring his presence.

"I wonder why balloons were placed on the trails in the forest."

"Ms. Sally wanted the trails to be marked so the kids don't get lost." She responded quietly as she took off the balloon as quick as she could to get away from him.

"She never did this on other years."

Lei stayed quiet as she moved to the tree across from the one she was at.

"Hey, what do you like to do? Like for fun."

"Walk away from pricks like you."

"Oh, that's how we're going to be?" He sarcastically asked with an amused smirk.

Lei gave him a fake smile as she continued doing her job.

"I like to watch movies a lot. And I like to go out for walks, we could-"

"And I'd like for you to shut up. This information is sounding like a Tinder description and I'm not interested. I have a boyfriend." She said nonchalantly without even looking at him.

"Lei, you know-"

"Speaking about him. Beomgyu!" She called out as she spotted Beomgyu tying balloons together.

She passed the remaining balloons to Jun who glared at them.

Lei walked towards Beomgyu as he looked at her with raised eyebrows in cute confusion.

She suddenly wrapped his arms around his neck and kissed him, catching him by pleasant surprise.

He smiled cutely as he cheekily winked.

"You seem to like me a lot today." He whispered as he looked down at his hands with a sheepish smirk.

"I like you more and more every day." She said loud enough for Jun to hear, making Jun roll his eyes.

*****

Beomgyu and Lei sat next to each other as they watched the kids walk around the camp.

It was fascinating how they were still able to stick around and walk around normally.