27

Lei waited as they got to the shore and Jun was the first to get off the canoe.

Jun walked past her, making her glare at him.

She turned to pass the lantern to Ali, who looked at it for a couple of seconds, before looking at her again.

"I'm too little to hold that."

"You're such a coward Ali." Sara grabbed it instead as she proudly held it up.

"Am not!"

"Are to."

"Am not."

"Jun is an asshole, he couldn't even help." Lei grumbled as she grabbed onto the canoe to keep it as still as she could so Beomgyu could get off.

Beomgyu chuckled as he got off the boat, grabbing his shoes and the lantern.

Lei wrapped her arms around him, completely forgetting about the water, as she tightly closed her eyes.

She placed multiple quick kisses on his cheek as he smiled brightly.

"Were you that worried about me?" He teased quietly. 

"Yes."

"You know I'm like a cheetah- Ow." He winced and let out a laugh as she pinched his side.

"You're annoying." She mumbled against his neck as he practically waddled with her clinging onto him.

Sara giggled as she saw the public displays of affection from the normally dry Ms. Lei.

****

"It was pretty dark-"

"No shit sherlock."

"Lisa!" Juri's eyes widened as she shook her head in disappointment.

"Sorry." She pursed her lips as she tried not to smile.

Beomgyu smiled in amusement as he watched Jun roll his eyes.

"As I was saying, it was pretty dark, so that's mainly why we took so long." Jun continued as he crossed his arms.

"But we found a way out. It takes like 20 minutes, but we got to the road. It might take less if we hurry." Beomgyu said positively as he absentmindedly played with Lei's hand.

Lei felt relief wash over her as she still laid her head against Beomgyu's shoulder and caressed his upper arm with her thumb. 

She couldn't stop clinging onto him, at this point she didn't care who saw them.

Seeing him go out there, and feeling the worry of not knowing if he will be back or not, really made her realize how truly in danger they all are, especially him, just because of the fact that he takes the lead in a lot of what they do.

It made her want to stay by his side as much as she could.

"We can start heading out in the early morning, I don't think it's a good idea to leave at night. There's nothing to be seen out there, we were lucky we knew our way back without seeing anything." Jun said quickly as he stood up and walked towards the door.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm gonna go take a shower, I'm not going to stink any longer than I have to."

"Don't go by yourself." Beomgyu said as he stood up.

Lei looked at him as he walked over to Jun.

"I need to shower too, so let's just go together."

"It's not safe." Lei said softly as she looked at Beomgyu.

"I know. But we're never going to get to do anything if we stay locked in here." Jun said as he raised his eyebrows.