26

"We don't know what we're going against, so this is the best option." Juri said as she placed every kitchen knife she could grab onto the table.

All the counselors went to grab one each, and the only one that noticed the hesitance of the kids was Beomgyu, who looked at them in endearment.

He looked at the collection of knives and grabbed three small butter knives.

He kneeled down in front of Sara, Ji Ah and Ali as he smiled at them.

"Here. You can't get hurt with these, but you can hurt something if you try. You don't need to bring it out from your pockets at all. Okay?"

The kids grabbed the knives in their hands as Lei gestured for Naya, Lisa and Hani to grab knives as well.

"It's fine. It's not illegal for children to hold kitchen knives as weapons. Technically you can't hold one either Ms. Hawaii. You're still 20." Beomgyu tried to joke as he smiled brightly.

Lei rolled her eyes in amusement as she sat down with the knife in hand.

"Let's go to the gate now." Juri said as she looked outside for a second.

Beomgyu nodded his head as he turned to look at everyone.

"We all have to stick together. Hold hands if you have to. It's still daytime, but we don't know what can happen." He said softly as he crossed his arms.

*****

Lei tightly held Beomgyu's hand as she looked around at the empty campsite.

It was still early in the day, everything could be seen, and the sun was as bright as ever.

Lei's hand was starting to feel sweaty already, but she was not willing to let go of Beomgyu's hand, and he wasn't willing to either.

They all reached the gate as they quickly got to the passcode lock.

"Let's try her birthday, September 2nd, 1979." Juri quickly said as she typed it in herself.

The light on the gate wasn't even on, making her furrow her eyebrows.

"If the power goes out, doesn't that cut the gate too?" Lisa asked quietly as she looked at everyone.

Everyone went quiet as Juri continued to tap all the buttons on the padlock.

"Shit." She said under her breath as she turned to look at everyone, shaking her head.

"Now what?" Naya asked as she crossed her arms.

"We can't jump over it, we'll get injured." Sara pouted as she looked at everyone in worry.

"Let's not lose hope, yeah? We'll try the lake, like I said last night." Beomgyu said comfortingly as he pointed at the lake.

"Jun, you were a lifeguard last summer, right?" Hani said as she looked at Jun. "You're one of the best at swimming. Like counselor Gyu, he's technically a lifeguard too."

That statement made Beomgyu realize something. That kid that was drowning in the lake was a pretty good swimmer, before that incident. But he fainted in the lake, and that made him sink.

Just like Theo. He passed out and woke up being himself again.

Was the kid possessed too?

Lei softly pulled on Beomgyu's hand to catch his attention, and he broke out of his thoughts.

"The people who get possessed faint afterwards. It probably leaves their body or whatever. None of us have fainted before. So, that thing is either in one of us still, or it's not here at all." Beomgyu said softly as he looked at everyone in curiosity.