25

Beomgyu softly cleaned up Lei's cuts in the kitchen as they sat across from each other on the floor.

"What happened?" Beomgyu asked quietly as he placed a bandage around her arm.

Lei looked up from the floor and focused her eyes on him.

"I couldn't see anything at all. W-we were just walking, and then, he said he felt something on his leg." Lei whispered as she played with her hands. "I don't know how, or what it was, but i-it felt like, like bugs were crawling everywhere. My legs, my arms, e-even my eyes. It was so...painful."

Beomgyu quietly listened as he helped her remove her bloody vest.

Lei suddenly felt shy as her underwear was exposed to him, but he wasn't focused on that.

He almost felt tears in his eyes as he spotted the few cuts on her skin, along her chest and stomach, as if someone had used a small knife and tried to purposely mark her.

"What are we dealing with?" He asked himself as he looked at Lei, who wiped her tears away.

"I don't know. But it wants to kill us." She said quietly. "It wants to keep us trapped here. It was... strategic. It got Ms. Sally. She knew that she needed to get us out, she was planning to, a-and it stopped her."

Beomgyu thought as he carefully cleaned her wounds, placing ointment on them.

He took off his cardigan, helped her put it on, and buttoned it up for her.

"I'll get us all out of here." He said determinedly and softly gripped the nape of her neck, placing his forehead against hers.

*****

Lei carefully sat down as she placed her hair in a ponytail.

"We'll have to try the gate tomorrow in the morning." Jun said as he sat on the table.

"If we can't open it, then what can we do?" Ji Ah suddenly asked making everyone look at her.

"We can climb over it." Ali suggested excitedly.

"I wish we could, but it has spikes over it. We'd get very injured." Lei gave him a small smile as she shook her head.

"Ms. Sally isn't the first owner of this place. But there wasn't an electric gate back when we were kids." Juri said as she shook her leg. "The password has to be something about her."

They all went quiet as they were deep in thought.

"It's like a ghost or... a demon or something. It's not human." Beomgyu suddenly whispered, making them all look at him in confusion.

"Some of the kids were acting different. Like Theo, just... less extreme." He continued as he stood in corner crossing his arms.

"What do you mean?"

"There was a kid trying to choke another for no reason." Beomgyu spoke as he ran a hand through his hair. "I had never seen anything like that. He was numb. Different."

"Are you suggesting these kids are getting possessed?" Jun chuckled in disbelief as he shook his head in dismissal.

"We can't rule out the possibility. There was also a kid when we were doing the scavenger hunt. A different kid. He was ripping the teddy bear's arm and leg off."

"That's like the bodies." Lei whispered to herself making Beomgyu nod his head.

"The animals were all killed the same way. By Theo. But when he woke up, he had no idea he did any of that." Beomgyu connected the dots as everyone looked down in thought.