Chapter 3

Geerno: WAIT, I SAW THESE GUYS BEFORE! THEY ARE NORMAL PUPPETS WITHOUT SENTIENCE! They are controlled by other mixels to entertain younger mixels. I think.

Meltus: So, we're in their world?

Geerno: ..Wait, then how are we sentient?

Meltus: I don't know about you, but we probably shouldn't look down.

Nurp-Naut (Nurp): They're not real? *tears up*

Geerno: These ones are just costumes for the Muppets.

Geerno: While the Muppets off in their break room, they just use these guys for breaks.

Meltus: *looking up* Not looking down, that's my suggestion.

Geerno: Good question.

Niksput: Is anyone gonna cheer up Nurp?

Nurp-Naut (Nurp): Funny puppets are fake.. *cries*

Meltus: Not right now! STILL not wanting to see a hand up my...well.. you know.

Geerno: And I shouldn't have opened my mouth.

Nurp-Naut switched to Naut again.

Nurp-Naut (Naut): Agreed sir, you broke Nurp!

Meltus: And I'm just not wanting to see... well... *sneezes* Oh.. digital effects.

Geerno: Nurp, you see, these specific ones are puppets to take over when the real Muppets get sick.

Nurp (Behind Nurp-Naut's head): ..What?

Geerno: Yes, they are. Since we are the only ones of US in this universe, we have sentience.

Nurp: ...I don't get it. *sniff*

Geerno: That is the best way I can explain this.

Naut: Fair enough.

Geerno: So when the REAL Muppets do get sick, mixels that are the size of what we were use these "shells" to take over for the sick Muppets.

Flain: So is anyone gonna ask about how we have NO WAY HOME!?

Nurp: *gasps and then cries*

Geerno: Why do you think they look different from time to time?

Nurp: I don't know, it been long since I've seen them on TV!

Geerno: Oh.

Geerno: But yeah, on the contrary to what Flain said, we have to think of something.

Rokit: Two words: laser guns.

Geerno: Yeah!

Geerno: Also, why has nobody noticed the doors are slightly open?

Flain: Dudes, we're not bringing the laser guns! The guy who zapped us here has way more advanced technology!

Geerno: How do you think you guys can hear me?

Nurp-Naut (Naut): Okay, any other ideas?

Geerno: I think everyone is a floor or two above me, Meltus, and Vulk.

Niksput: Okay, and?

Geerno: And we are made of felt. We have no sensors for touch, meaning we quite literally can't get physically hurt.

Muppet News Anchor: *on a conveniently placed TV* We interrupt your thinking with breaking news! World renowned criminal, and doppelganger of Kermit the Frog, Constantine, has escaped from the Russian Gulag again! Making him the number one most wanted escaped criminal, behind the guy that stole my pants!