01 , newcomers

She remembered that creek found in the forest...in the Glen, where she once called home. Her hiding place away from the maze, or the crazies she shared her home with. The sun glowed over the water, making it sparkle as the water made it's course over the rocks on the path to who knows where. 

Slowly, she slipped her boots off, eager to feel the once cooled water in such a hot environment. The wind rushed by, sending chills down her spine as she walked in, taking time to adjust to the cool temperature of the creek. A familiar feeling of enjoyment and love engulfed her as she walked in the water, headed towards the deeper side. She had forgotten how deep the creek truly was, but it couldn't be that deep, right?

The water gradually rose up as she walked carefully. 

Normally, the creek was clear and a soft turquoise, but she stopped once she saw only blackness in the water in front of her, a striking comparison to the water she had just walked in. 

Curiosity won over her phobia; she stepped forward into the abyss.

She plunged into the water, sinking down. Panic erupted in her as she tried swimming back up, but an unseen force was weighing her down and down. No matter how hard she kicked, she couldn't get back up to the surface, all she could see now was...blackness.

Where was she now?

She could see the blue sky, clouds floating above her as she laid on the ground. Still shoken from what she experienced earlier, she carefully stood up, more mindful of her surroundings. 

Thick cement walls that went in all directions for miles, heavily layered with green vines. She could notice cracks in the cement walls and ground below her. Ruins from fallen overhangs thrown on top of eachother to show the wear and tear of the invention. 

No...it couldn't be...

She couldn't be back there again...she escaped with her friends to the safe facility. 

But yet, here she was...

A small vibration went under her feet, almost tickling her but she didn't laugh. She knew only one thing could make that type of vibration; small, metal legs belonging to one thing only.

A Griever.

Without a moment to think, she sprinted like the wind down a corridor, praying the Griever wouldn't be down this one. She ran like she was flying, but she was going so fast, she couldn't separate the vibrations from the Griever to her. All she know was that it was picking up speed and soon, she wouldn't be able to outrun it. 

Even after quiting her job as a Runner for the Glen, she still remembered the maze by heart. She was taking lefts and rights, anything to get away from a gruesome death. 

She collided into a cement wall, almost getting tangled into the thick ivy vines.

What? No...this should've led into the Glen. 

She felt the very clear and heavy vibration of the screech from the Griever, too scared to look back at what would be her inevitable killer. Closing her brown eyes, she held her breath, waiting for the end to come. 

☆☆☆

She gasped for air, quickly sitting up in her bed as she looked around. The dream...it was so real to her. But the only thing she could see was Aris, now awaking to Daisy's sudden outburst. 

Aris stared at her, assessing the situation in front of him, and he started signing to the startled girl. 

"Did you have a nightmare again, Daisy?" He voiced as he made hesitant and slow gestures, afraid to mess up and confuse her. Yet, she only smiled softly at him and said, "You don't ne - need to sign if you don't feel comfor - comfortable yet, Aris,"