07 , trapped

The rumbles of the ground beneath her awoke Daisy as she sat up, watching as her friends scrambled to stand up

The rumbles of the ground beneath her awoke Daisy as she sat up, watching as her friends scrambled to stand up. When she gazed at the dark, cloudy sky, realization hit her.

Removing the jacket that was rested on her body, she tied it around her waist, having not a clue who it belonged to, and collected her bag. She felt hands pull her forwards to the group as they started sprinting to what seemed like lights.

Not having the ability to hear when the next lightning would hit, she would flinch at every sight of light emitting from the sky. And every flinch would falter her steps as she started almost falling behind. The ground shaking lightly almost threw her off balance, but she was too close to the building to be struck by lightning.

Just as she picked herself up to continue running, she felt someone drag her along side them. Looking up, she saw it was Minho, who was basically carrying her at this point to the building. Daisy drew her hand away from him to keep running; it was logic to know holding hands while running would slow you down.

As she kept dashing, the sudden lights would still make her flinch, but they weren't as aggressive now. Daisy saw the others hurrying them at the doors, their hands outstretched, waiting for them to run inside. But she another rumble with a flash of light.

It was too close.

From the proximity of the lighting, it shook the ground beneath her as she looked back, remembering Minho. He was sprawled out on the ground, steam floating up from his body as he laid there unmoving. Immediately, she belted back to him, falling to his side.

"Minho?" Daisy shook him, knowing they had to move before more lighting shot down on them. When Minho didn't open his eyes, Daisy, with the help of Newt, carried him with his arms hanging over his shoulders. Going as fast they could, Daisy could feel the thunder behind them growing closer. It was rumble after rumble and light after light. Daisy wondered if being able to hear when it would come would be more helpful than this.

Once they entered the building, Daisy collapsed with Minho on the hard floor, still shaking him. Still, he didn't wake up. Everyone stared at Minho, in disbelief that this could be the last time they might see him. But Daisy's stare was more intense; it was like she willing him to wake up, to open his eyes or to at least move a finger. But nothing happened.

She sighed, resting her head on his chest, her tears threatened to come out.

She couldn't cry, she wouldn't. How could she cry over someone she barely knew? But she felt like she knew him for years, she had only received memories of him. But those memories explained their friendship to her, so how could she not cry?

Looking up from his chest, Daisy again stared at his face as it was lighted by the flashlight. Relief filled her as she watched Minho stir, looking at his hands, then Daisy, then his friends around before asking, "what happened?"

Newt chuckled, patting Thomas on the shoulder in celebration of Minho's survival as everyone sighed, grateful he was alive. "You got struck by lightning," Thomas answered, a slight smile on his face, but Daisy could hardly tell with the poor lightning in the building.