08 , close call

I have no idea how, but I somehow forgot to post this chapter so I would suggest re-reading from chapter 7 but it's up to you. 

Sorry again. 

*:・゚✧*:・゚

Daisy was positive there were at least 5 different diseases down there in the tunnels as she watched dust float around. She was never exactly paranoid about diseases and she wasn't about to be, but she wasn't at ease when she saw rats scurrying around.

But she still followed after Brenda as they walked through a circular tunnel to more tunnels. "Do they ever end?" Daisy said in a joking manner, hoping to lighten the mood. There was a silence, at least for Daisy there was, until someone tapped her shoulder.

It was Brenda and she was signing.

'How do you like to communicate?' She said, with an oddly straight face.

"Talking is fine. Just make sure I can see your face," Daisy smiled as they walked side by side down the tunnel.

There was graffiti on the walls, and it made her curious who was able to come down here and how. They were probably 5 stories underground.

"What's your name?" Brenda asked, looking towards Daisy as Thomas stated a few steps behind. "Daisy," She answered, shining her light down hall as Thomas started walking faster next to Daisy. He didn't want to fall behind.

"That's a pretty name, isn't that a flower?" She asked.

"Yeah, they had a lot of them in the Glen. When we were stuck in the Maze," Daisy said, recalling the random patches of flower she and Florence would find throughout the Forest. They were a bright white and danced softly in the wind. Florence would make mini bouquets for Daisy and give them to her by dinner time.

"What's the Maze?" Brenda asked. She remembered seeing kids be taken in the middle of the night, screaming and wailing. Her brother was taken one night; it was sudden, she remembered waking up to crashing and her brother shouting for their parents. Their parents were infected and Cranks by then. She couldn't do anything but watch as they take her brother away, and then the other children.

She used to wonder what the other kids had that she didn't have. She desperately desired to be taken away, away from the Scorch and Flare and the lonely world she was in. Until she met Jorge. She didn't remember how, really, he was just always there.

And suddenly, her world wasn't as lonely anymore.

"W.C.K.D created it, it was an experiment, a trial. For what, we don't really know, but there was land in the center. To farm, build houses and such. The Maze surrounded it. And in it, we're Grievers, they were...dangerous." Daisy explained, remembering the memory she had not too long ago.

"Yeah, there were facilities with kids beforehand, and some of them were used to build the Maze or Grievers or anything," Thomas jumped in, expanding more on the Maze as they walked down the tunnel.

"Were you one of them?"

"Yeah..." Thomas said, sounding ashamed.

"They took advantage of the kids who were smart, used them to build mazes, the Grievers, and design the Glen," Daisy explained.

But Thomas and Brenda spun around to a loud noise Daisy didn't feel, so she didn't react and just continued walking, eventually waiting for them at the end. "There are four ways here," Daisy shouted, her voice echoing down the tunnel as Thomas and Brenda jogged to catch up.

"Don't walk off on your own, there could be Cranks around any corner," Brenda warned once they caught up to see four different paths.

"Well shit," Brenda sighed, shining her light around, not sure which way to go. But Thomas made the choice for them; he started walking down a hallway, cautiously with his flashlight up, looking around every corner. Daisy followed, walking beside him as they continued.