03 , abandoned bulidings

Minho stared at the small girl in front of him, who was being bear hugged by Aris. Who was she? And why was he so intrigued with her? He had no recollection of her before, but when he gazed into those chocolate eyes in the cafeteria, he felt a sense of familiarity. 

It kept him up at night, pestering his mind as he racked it for any memories of her. But he came up empty. 

"Who's this?" Thomas asked, speaking for everyone as they stared at her again. Still, those stares bothered her; it felt as if she was a test subject again and all eyes were on her. 

"I'm Daisy," She said slowly, making sure she had a clear voice. She had spent two years in the Maze without speaking to anyone but herself, but she had no idea what it sounded like. "She's deaf, but she can feel vibrations and read lips so don't worry about having to sign to her," Aris said quickly. He didn't want them thinking she was a liability.

She was far from that. 

The group looked at eachother, with questioning looks, but Thomas glared at them. And they dispersed, looking for supplies and resources in this new area. 

"We're going to search for the Right Arm in the mountains," Aris explained, signing as they walked towards rows of beds. Daisy nodded, hoping to search for supplies on her own but Aris still followed her. 

Knowing he wouldn't go on his own, she figured she might as well make conversation. Aris beat her to it, though. 

"I'm sorry I couldn't find you. I went back but you were gone by then...I thought W.C.K.D got to you," Aris apologized, feeling heavy guilt on his chest, but she just smiled in an understanding manner.

"Don't worry, it's okay. Even if W.C.K.D hadn't got to me, I wouldn't have gone back anyways if I was you. I'm a liability," Daisy signed before digging around in clothes as Aris banged some flashlights in his hands. 

"No, no, you aren't a liability. I mean, you were only one to survive a night in the Maze and you're deaf. That says a lot," Aris argued, remembering that night when Daisy didn't make it back in time. Everyone was restless that night, especially Harriet, who stayed the night next to the doors of the Maze. 

Daisy smiled again, feeling more confident. But when she lifted a bomber jacket out of a pile, she felt a pair of eyes burning into the side of her head. She was unsure whether to look, but going against her gut, she was back staring into the eyes of the same Asian boy. 

Who still carried around intense energy. 

Daisy felt the need to walk towards him, maybe properly introduce herself, but she was interrupted by small vibrations becoming bigger. 

Turning her head to the source, she noticed it was the blonde boy who sat next to Thomas. He looked nervous but he still spoke. 

Focusing on his lips, she comprehended the sentence in her head.

'I'm Newt, it's nice to meet you,' he said with a kind smile. 

Smiling back, she said, "I'm Daisy, it's nice to meet you, too,"

She thought she had said something wrong when a sudden look of surprise appeared in his face. Feeling a bit panicked now, she wondered if she did something wrong, but she couldn't recall doing anything. This was her first time even speaking to him.

'Oh, I'm sorry, you just have a great voice,' Newt clarified, taken off-guard by her voice. But it's W.C.K.D, they probably had her doing speech therapy 24/7 back in the Labs. 

Now that he thought about it, it must've been hell having to be under supervision of W.C.K.D, doing classes everyday, perhaps only getting 5 minute breaks. All over what? Daisy was most likely taught sign language before she was taken, making her more than capable to communicate. But, of course, W.C.K.D wanted to go above and beyond.