1ᝰ all cards on the table

In the kindest possible sense, Snezhnaya was by far your least favourite business destination

In the kindest possible sense, Snezhnaya was by far your least favourite business destination. There were a million reasons why someone in your profession would feel the same way, like how difficult it was to stay in character due to inclement weather or how high security made the task a pain in the ass. But it seemed to be a hotspot for demands these days, and the one you'd received earlier this morning had to be one of the most deadly ever.

Il Dottore, commonly addressed as "Doctor," and one of the noxious eleven Fatui Harbingers.

No client would be willing to pay you enough to undertake this mission. Not with such huge stakes. However, if you decided to adopt that scrupulous mentality, you would be contradicting all that it meant to be a hitwoman, bringing discredit to the entire criminal enterprise.

It still required some serious thought on your part, but the person requesting this death wish was adamant about getting the job done, whether you did it or not. Perhaps it was a personal vendetta. Whatever the motive, it was never your place to intrude on your clients' private affairs. Business was business. That being said, anytime someone presented you with the promise of doubling—or even tripling—the incentive, you knew it had to be good.

And you agreed to the proposal solely for that reason.

The finest sensation ever had to be being greeted with the striking contrast of the external frost to the interior warmth. You promptly brushed off the surplus snow left on your garments and analyzed your surroundings. Such was your astonishment when you discovered the chamber was entirely empty, but this could simply be explained as a hasty deployment from the slight disruption you produced outside. What was particularly tragic was that you couldn't even take a second's rest and had to move swiftly since the guards were anticipated to return any minute.

It never dawned upon you how complex the Fatui headquarters were or how difficult it would be to locate the doctor's laboratory until you received the blueprint. Of course, getting your hands on it wasn't that simple, and you had to resort to needless torture with some diplomats. You wondered if their suffering was really necessary, considering that the lab was reasonably located in the basement level.