17ᝰ feel the fire

Dottore led you on a long journey through an unknown place that resembled a winter forest, the environment being foreign to you

Dottore led you on a long journey through an unknown place that resembled a winter forest, the environment being foreign to you. As you advanced further, the air became more crisp with a strong scent of cold pine. Towering trees were encircling you, their branches slumping under the weight of a heavy snowfall that crunched beneath your feet and reached above your ankles.

The harbinger was not inclined to engage in much discussion, but you didn't mind and relished the silence. In times like this, the serenity of nature was worth embracing.

You observed Dottore as he carefully searched for the perfect spot to conduct his next experiment on you, one gloved hand buried deep into his pocket and the other clutching a sealed syringe. The fact that his passionate devotion was playing out right in front of your eyes heightened your fascination with him—such a man with deadly dedication. Even so, you couldn't help but feel bothered.

Eyes. You could feel eyes on you again.

You kept your composure but covertly raised your alertness, feeling the need to be more vigilant. What disturbed you wasn't just the solitary pair of eyes; it was the multitude of them that remained fixed on your figure. The unsettling sensation grew more complex, causing you to cast a glance at the man slightly ahead of you, who appeared just fine.

Your efforts to catch the ephemeral eyes were futile, and you gained absolutely nothing in return. The frustration grew worse as you became sure of the stares. Their elusiveness made you wonder if you were really imagining the entire thing.

"Tell me." Dottore's immediate halt and abrupt turn of his body grabbed your attention. His hands were resting behind his back, and an inconspicuous tilt of his head showed that he was eager for an answer to his upcoming query. "What is it that you fear the most?" His piercing gaze focused on you, expecting an elaborate response.

"I have no fears." You firmly replied in confidence. Your words reflected fragments of the truth; the past had been left behind, and there was little place for fear in your current frame of mind. However, the rising complexities of this mission were beginning to test the honesty of your statement.