12ᝰ with the sun, comes the moon

"Why do I always end up doing everyone's dirty work?" Childe huffed as he hauled your final suitcase down the stairs

"Why do I always end up doing everyone's dirty work?" Childe huffed as he hauled your final suitcase down the stairs. Nothing felt more like paradise to him than when his feet finally reached ground level, his hand letting go of the handle like it was a plague to thoroughly massage his aching palm.

Arlecchino rolled her eyes as she listened to the ginger complain. She leaned her arm on the railing and shifted her weight from one leg to the other. "Because someone's psychotic boyfriend is too busy being imprisoned in his bedroom, and his little minions are all commissioned elsewhere." You stood beside the woman, and when she looked over at you to exemplify how narked she was, you merely smiled smugly.

"Okay? So what does that have to do with me?" Childe sassed but was wholly brushed aside as you and Arlecchino made your way out of the building.

You weren't sure when it happened, but you did know how and why. It all started with you and Pantalone's occasional appearances together, and the first time she saw you two around each other, she instantly knew. You two were similar in ways that you would both deny but know to be true. She understood right away that your intentions with the man were nothing but for selfish gain—that the connection was set up to benefit you and your needs. That was when you earned her respect.

"Well, isn't this amazing?" Childe made his sarcasm known as he joined you two out in the open cold, the handles of your four luggage gripping onto his fingers for dear life. You three stood there watching as it began to snow, the heavy fog making it difficult to see beyond the gate.

"I'll not only be late for my meeting in Liyue, but I'll also be walking in this weather." He proceeded, peering under his nose to where his warm breath could be seen. The harbinger tried not to sound angry in case it made you feel bad—as if it could. You hadn't even considered guilt.

"Shouldn't you be accustomed to it by now? It's actually not that bad." You remarked as you squinted your eyes, revealing the excellent benefits of the experiment finally coming to life. Your eyesight improved dramatically, and you could see above what people could normally perceive. Not only was that fantastic, but you'd have to contact Pantalone for another coat because the costly material inhibited your body from properly registering the frigid temperatures.