6ᝰ false alarm

They say silence can be deadly, but this was taken to an extreme

The way Arlecchino stared you down like a predator at its prey, past your pupils and through the portal to your soul, could be interpreted in two ways. One, she had a sexual interest in you and was eyefucking you, or two, she despised your guts and wanted to skin you alive to the bone. Obviously, one was more enticing than the other, but you weren't delusory enough to believe it.

Her look was strong—so effortlessly overpowering that you almost forgot she was seeking an answer from you that you had yet to provide. "Excuse me?" Your tone was a little sarcastic, and you squinted slightly as you inclined your head in mock perplexity at her query. Playing the fool can work on a few people, but she was not one of them.

As if on reflex, her hand flew out to grab the back of your neck and bring you in close enough to see the severity in her countenance. "You may have fooled my idiotic comrades, but you will never fool me." Arlecchino snarled, her warm breath fanning across your face as she tightened her hold. It felt more like a baby's tickle.

Your lips curved into a broad smirk at her exertion of intimidation. You were so at peace since she had no reasonable evidence to suspect you of anything. "Is that so?" You challenged in a low voice, leaning in a mere inch. "It only takes one kiss to turn you into a dependent puppy for me." Your gaze shifted sensuously from her luscious lips to her eyes, watching how her demeanour switched to somewhat apprehensive. It only increased your ego. "Then, I'll show you who the fool really is."

Your threatening attitudes dropped upon hearing the sound of a throat clearing. You both turned to face the source, your expressions parroting your annoyance. "What do you want?" Arlecchino asked the man and immediately released her grip on your neck. She wasn't delighted with Dottore's poor timing, and he knew it, grinning and brandishing a key that dangled from his finger. "To accompany her to her new room, of course."

You threw him a cocked eyebrow, but judging by the angle of his head, he wasn't even looking at you. Could the fact that he had the key to the spare room in his pocket indicate that he already planned on having you stay here?