3ᝰ miss master of manipulation

Dottore's visage was parallel to that of anybody who was milliseconds away from being impaled or, worse, slain by the same person with whom they'd just formed an alliance

Dottore's visage was parallel to that of anybody who was milliseconds away from being impaled or, worse, slain by the same person with whom they'd just formed an alliance. Pissed and fucking livid.

It was his natural instinct and great luck that saved him from death, his body seizing control and entering a protective lockdown. He had a hunch that something was off for some reason he couldn't quite put his finger on, so he reached out to grab whatever was in reach. And he certainly wasn't expecting anything sharp-edged and harmful to his hand, cutting through his glove and into his skin.

No doubt that the life in you was knocked out of your body the instant you realized how screwed you were. The practice of trickery plays had reached its limit. Hopefully not, but that was your assumption.

The conceptual switch from when you originally accepted the mission to where you were now was laughable—like a foolish sitcom. You weren't planning to be cornered, but what did you expect when going after a Fatui Harbinger? This is where greed and ego get you, comrades.

You were basically sweating bullets from where you were standing. The tone had dissipated from your skin, and everything around you felt unbearably colder than usual. Even if your intention was to kill the harbinger, the exact moment your hand struck was not of your own volition. It was almost as if something or someone was doing the work for you, which you would have appreciated if it was done at the right time.

Instead of breaking out in cold sweat as predicted, Dottore was astounded when you welcomed him with a friendly grin. "Why are you staring at me like that?" You let out a little snicker to relieve the tension, enjoying what you were about to do. "The knife had a dirty spot, but look what you did. You made it even worse."

"Really, now?"

He was obviously not going to believe another word you said, but that had no relevance to your approach. "You can believe anything you want, but I would never harm someone who helped me." You'd feel awful for acting so coarsely if it hadn't been Dottore you were speaking to. "Don't blame me for getting hurt. If you trusted me as much as I trust you, you wouldn't have hurt your hand."