03. ALLURING VIC

CHAPTER THREE. Alluring Vic.

    VICTORIA SAT NEXT TO EMILY IN THE QUIET CLASSROOM, doodling random abstract shapes on her blank sheets of paper

VICTORIA SAT NEXT TO EMILY IN THE QUIET CLASSROOM, doodling random abstract shapes on her blank sheets of paper. She couldn't bother to look up and pay attention to the class — knowing very well she should. Her foot bounced up and down, the annoying habit haunting her for the past six years. She blamed it on the countless anxiety thrills she was put through over her time of growing up in the toxicity of her mother's presence.

Victoria was a quiet being growing up. She was taught to keep her mouth shut, and bad things wouldn't happen to her. She kept to her pact of being quiet — up until she turned fourteen, gaining quite a lip. Bad habits were earned, as well. The addictions, the underlying feeling she got of pure lust from hurting the people she loved. The turning point had hit Victoria — her last straw. She revealed to herself that the more people hated her, the more attention she earned.

Her mother never paid attention to her.

"Ms. Graham!" The voice of Ms. Crumpton boomed throughout the classroom, shocking Victoria's distracted state. Hastily, her head whipped up to face the woman, who had a hand engraved on her hip from how long she had been trying to earn the Graham girl's attention. "Ms. Graham, if you wish to not listen, don't bother showing up to class." The older woman dared, before going back to teaching.

Frowning, Victoria leaned back in her seat, swiping a stray piece of her hair behind her silver covered ear. "Vic, are you alright?" Emily's frail voice whispered to the blonde, who hesitantly faced her. She gave a forced smile, nodding her head. No; she was not alright. Victoria's brain was racked with unknown issues she was progressing into her head. She was stressing herself out and hated it. She needed a simple distraction, she thought to herself.

Looking around the student filled classroom, her green irises fell heavenly upon the already alluring eyes set on her. A faint smirked quirked on her lips — something that always seemed to happen when her attention set on them. It was starting to become an instinct, almost.

Freddie Mcclair and James Cook sat next to one another, their eyes anywhere but the board in front of them. Freddie tried to hold his composure, not wanting to feel so guilty every time he looked her way. Effy had been biting his ear off ever since Victoria arrived, giving him harsh demands and cruel words. He didn't understand what had happened, but he was sure Victoria didn't tell Effy about their lustful night in his garage. No, he hadn't been able to talk to Victoria. But he knew that today was the day he would brick up the courage to go her way.

Freddie was over the sneaky glances they'd throw one another or they're incredibly sensual tension they had when they were simply around each other. Freddie's mind was boggled with Victoria 24/7. He couldn't get her out of his head, and he couldn't understand why. Something about her presence — attitude, looks, all of her was such an addicting crave. He wanted to know every single thing about her. Her quirks, her flaws, her kinks. Freddie used to be a simple man. He didn't care much about getting to know a girl, he'd just let it happen naturally. But he didn't want that with Victoria — he wanted her. Now, and for as long as he could have her.

Cook was about sex. That's all he wanted. But now, he didn't just want sex. He needed sex. He needed it with her. The teasing she'd throw his way over the past few days after their arranged deal was irritating. She knew he wanted her, but why didn't she want him? It was an overruling question that overlapped everything in the boy's brain.

The bell rang heavily into the two's ears, snapping them out of their daydreaming gazes. The two shared dull looks, before separating from one another. Freddie was quick to scrabble up all of his books and belongings, wanting nothing more than to get to Victoria. The girl had already exited, finding herself opening her locker ever so slow.

Pushing through the students, Freddie stumbled towards Victoria, who looked stunned to see the teenage boy in such a rushed state. She gave him a wary look, eyeing him up and down with slight concern. "Are you alright, Freddie?" She laughed. God, Freddie thought. It was a laugh that he could listen on repeat for the rest of his life. Mentally, Freddie smacked himself over how cringy he was being.

"I-" He stuttered, observing the hallway for any sighting of the Stonem girl. Luck was on his side, as he did not see her and her gloomy state. "Can we talk?" He paused. "Privately." His eyebrows raised, as Victoria slowly nodded. The two set themselves in an empty classroom, one that had been abandoned for quite some time.

"So," Vic popped her lips. "What's up?" She asked, pushing herself onto a not so dusty desk. A shaky breath escaped Freddie. He wasn't sure on why he was so nervous to be around her, but he knew this conversation was supposed to be important, and serious. So did she.

"Vic," He started, leaning against the opposite desk from her. "I think we should talk — you know, about what happened in, uh, my shed." He rubbed his hands together, looking up the girl who had a genuine face. It was odd to him, honestly. For such a mysterious girl, she was easy to read in his eyes. "I've been meaning to, but uh"

"Effy?" She guessed, earning a bashful head nod. Huffing, Victoria repeated Freddie's gesture. "Listen, Freddie. I don't want to stand in the way of you and Effy's relationship, alright? I came here to try and fix things, including myself. I don't want to go around fucking up relationships."

She knew Effy was aware of her growth as a person, and that's all Victoria wanted to teach the girl. If Victoria was being honest — ever since the sleepover, she didn't mind having a group of friends back in Bristol. She enjoyed the girly talks with the other females, and the closure of knowing she had people who liked her.

Freddie could tell by the sound of her voice that she was telling the truth. Victoria's start here was rocky, but the recovery she was trying to make was going successful. "I- Thank you." Freddie let out as a whisper. He called bullshit on himself, the whole world did. Freddie wanted to tell her in such a short amount of time, he felt a liking that was growing faster than he ever could imagine with Effy.

"You're welcome, Freds." She gave him warming smile that filled his heart and soul with butterflies. "Friends?" She put her hand forward for him to shake, which he gladly did.

"Friends." Freddie nodded, not wanting to drop her hand just yet. "Vic," Her name flew out of his mouth faster than an airplane — coming out as a whisper. "Do you regret it?" He hesitantly asked, worried this answer could potentially crush his entire being.

Sucking heavily in, Victoria gave him a lustful look. "No." She told him, feeling Freddie tense up against her hand. "And if you weren't with my best friend, our relationship would be incredibly different."

authors note

so like basically freddie's a simp, cooks horny for that viccy coochie and victoria wants peace even tho she's already started a fire ok peace ENJOY SORRY THIS IS SO SHORT