04. AMERICAN PANSY

CHAPTER FOUR. American Pansy.

    VICTORIA SAT QUIETLY IN FRONT OF HER VANIETY, drawing a hefty cat-eye around her irises

VICTORIA SAT QUIETLY IN FRONT OF HER VANIETY, drawing a hefty cat-eye around her irises. It was a task out of boredom — doing her makeup. Victoria had nothing better to do, really. After her interaction with Freddie only earlier that day, she hadn't come into contact with anyone else, besides Cook, who's only messages were about her pleasing his urges.

Cleanly swiping her stick of gloss across her lips, a sudden sound shocked her. Urgently, her head whipped to her bedroom door, seeing Effy standing there with a dull look, as per usual. "Let's go." Her tone demanded. Victoria cringed her face at her friend — slowly letting down her lip gloss tube.

"Where?"

"To Freddie's." She answers. "I want to show you his shed." Effy faintly smirked, earning a look of concern from Vic.

"Well, you have fun with that." The blonde comes to a stand, brushing down her short skirt. "But I don't want to go to Freddie's shed."

"Why not?"

"Seriously?" Vic asks, fixing her outfit in the mirror that was held tightly up against her wall. "It sounds like a place where you make crack."

Rolling her eyes, Effy quickly grabbed Vic by the wrist — pulling her hastily downstairs. "We're going." Effy hissed. Vic's pleas were ignored by Effy — giving her a reason to dig her messy purple nail polish into the veins of Vic. Vic had soon given up — unwillingly following Effy to the destination.

. . .

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M DOING THIS." Vic mutters sourly under her breath. She was still in confusion on why exactly she was brought to Freddie's backyard — sitting on a bench lonely with Effy. "He's your boyfriend — why can't you just go in there?"

"He doesn't like me going in without him." Effy simply shrugged; her elbows cocked against her bare thighs. Victoria rolled her eyes, fed up with this morning. "I think he fucked someone else." Effy admitted to Victoria, who's movements had frozen up like a water tray. "He's been acting off."

Vic slowly leaned forward, thinking practical about how she could speak her next sentence. "I doubt that Ef. He seems to really like you. I know I haven't been around long enough to get to know him much, but you two make a good couple." Victoria sweetly spoke, Effy, clearly buying her fraud words, gently created a smile onto her lips, staring at Vic.

"Thanks." She whispered. Though, Effy had a question, wanting her to speak more — but she was hesitant. Victoria noticed this, scootching closer to Effy on the wooden bench. "Are you and Cook together?" Effy suddenly asked, catching Vic off guard.

Victoria hadn't known what to say. She had almost forgotten about her little deal with Cook — clearing her throat lightly in remembrance. "Yeah, actually. He's really" She paused, peering up to the sky if it'd somehow aid her in finding a word to describe the boy. "Cool." Was all she could come up with, mentally cringing at the choice.