Chapter 4 Getting Intoxicated

Phoebe
Jacob and Dr Piper burst in through my hospital room door a considerable time later.
Giving me a genuine smile, Dr Piper made her way towards me.
“Dumbo here,” she points her thumb towards Jacob, thought he could just bust you out without being discharged first,” she mischievously said.
Once Dr Piper had finished checking me over, she gave us the thumb signal to go.
Thank god, I’ve missed my Diet Coke.
Jacob grabbed my hand, tugging me out of the room.
Running down the corridor, Jacob suddenly shoves me into another room, slamming the door behind us with his hand over my mouth; he quietly whispers in my ear, “Don’t make a sound; penis head is heading our way.”
I couldn’t help the giggle of camaraderie that escaped my mouth. As werewolves can mind-link, I quickly linked him, “Who is penis head?” I wanted to know.
“Damon!” he links back.
My face fell. Oh! I didn’t answer as I felt my heart beat faster, and I started to sweat, anxious at the thought of coming face-to-face with him.
I still didn’t know how I would act once I saw him. “I will sink my teeth straight into his neck,” came my wolf’s sarcastic reply. “Then there will be nothing you or that bimbo can do about it,” she smirks in my head.
After waiting five minutes, we quickly exited the hospital and made a mad dash for the car park. We skid to a halt in front of a Grey BMW the same colour as ‘his’ eyes, a soft, warm, and milky Grey. I choke back a sob; Jacob sits me in the car, buckling me in like a small child, and hops in the driver’s seat.
That familiar feeling of numbness settled back into its new home in the middle of my heart, as my blood ran ice-cold, as I thought back to that night.
Who could not think about it? The day you meet your mate is meant to be magical, but for me, I desperately wanted to forget about it.
His short description of what had happened left me in despair, recalling his words.
“We were all out celebrating as it was the last month of our alpha training. We were at a bar just outside of Alpha Kit’s territory. We had too many drinks, and a she-wolf at the bar went into heat.
Myself and Alpha Kit were trying to clear the bar; it was a mess. Fights broke out, chairs and tables were smashed, and it was chaos as males were fighting one another to get to her, so Alpha Kit asked me to take her to a secluded room out the back.
The door was made of steel and accidentally shut behind us. I can remember trying to break the door down as the door could only be opened from the outside, then after that, nothing. Edmund doesn’t even recall what happened.
I’m so sorry, Phoebe. She found me three days ago with her father, Alpha Brown, and he told me she was carrying my pup. I can’t abandon my flesh and blood; my wolf won’t allow me.
Goodness, Phoebe; if I could change the events of that night, it would have been Alpha Kit who had taken her to safety. My heart is broken as you turned out to be the unique gift the moon goddess blessed me with. I’m so sorry, I still want us as mates, but presently, I have to do the right thing.”
I couldn’t blame Damon, as a female heat is something no male wolf can hold out against, especially with the pheromones we release. Only those males with mates can resist the temptation.
Jacob snapped me out of my thoughts by telling me he had organised a night with the rest of the gang. The rest of the crew consisted of my other best female friends,
Melissa: Standing at 5’8”. She brings joy and spontaneity to the group with her vibrant personality and infectious laughter. Her curly brown hair and warm smile light up any room.
Charlotte: She is petite, standing at 5’2”. With her silky blonde hair that fell in gentle waves around her face. Her calculating blue eyes and sly smile hide her true intentions, making her a master of deception.
Violet: Violet, stood at an impressive 6’0” tall. Her free-spirited nature and hippy style, adds a touch of creativity to the group. Her long, flowing purple hair and sparkling blue eyes reflect her adventurous soul.
With their mates,
Phil: He stands at 6’0”. With his laid-back and easygoing attitude, Phil brings a sense of humour and trust to the group. His messy brown hair and mischievous grin make him the life of the party.
Boyd: Now he stands at an impressive 6’4”. Boyd, with his intellectual curiosity and analytical mind, is the problem solver of the gang. His neatly groomed dark hair and attire give him a professional appearance.
Edward: Stands at 5’10”. The charismatic and charming gang member is known for his smooth-talking and sophisticated style. His slicked-back blonde hair and confident smile make him irresistible to others.
This left Tania: Tania, the independent and strong willed gang member, is still searching for her mate. Her fiery red hair and determined gaze are not to be reckoned with.
Due to our parent’s friendships, we have all grown up together from birth. They are a lively bunch, and our friendship can’t be broken on a whim. You mess with one, and you mess with the lot of us.
Pulling up out the front of my two-storey house, I realise Mum and Dad are home. They quickly gathered me up in their arms as I made my way inside, telling me everything would be alright and would work out. They pecked me on the cheek and told me to have a great night as they rushed out the door to attend a function with Alpha and Luna Black, and they would see me tomorrow.
I went straight to the fridge; I’d missed my Diet Coke.
The rest of the gang arrived, and I ordered pizza for all of us. While waiting for the pizzas to be delivered, I felt awkward and couldn’t think of much to talk about. I was harbouring a broken heart, but I seemed almost normal again when I had consumed two whole pizzas, as werewolves have much larger appetites than humans and drunk fifteen shots.
Did I mention the word almost?
“You know what we need to do?” yelled Tania over the Michael Jackson song ‘Beat It.’
“What’s that?” I shouted back.
“We need to give you a makeover,” she yelled back. The other girls screamed in agreement, and we all marched up the stairs.
Two hours later, a lot of laughter, numerous shots, maybe a Diet Coke, a black mini dress, hair and makeup done, they all screamed in unison that we were ready.
“Ready floor what?” I slurred, not remembering what we had to do.
The girls laughed. “We are going to go crash the party that they are having over there at the pack house, and you will have fun,” replied Melissa as she moved to stand beside me.
I nervously laughed, “Yeesh, cheers to me,” as we made our way back down the stairs.
“Oops, a daisy,” I giggled in surprise as I tripped on the second last step.
Finally making it down the stairs in one piece, I frantically searched the family room for Jacob. “You got the bag of alcohol?” I eagerly asked once my blurred eyes landed on him. I wasn’t going without my Miduri.
I should have guessed the boys would be all sprawled around the PlayStation.
“Hell yeah,” he shouted, giving me the thumbs up.
We filed out the front door and headed to the pack house. I needed more help as the ground in front of me kept moving.
Tania and I couldn’t stop giggling as we continually tripped over ourselves.
I tripped, “Oops, down I go again,” I laughed as I hit the cold, hard concrete. I’m unsure on what, as I couldn’t see anything in my way when I looked.
“We might get there faster if you boys carried Phoebe and Tania. We left fifteen minutes ago, and we are only two houses up the road,” said Charlotte in irritation.
I sat on the side of the road in a fit of giggles. The thought of being carried was better than walking, and I was all for it.
Violet crouched down beside me. “Maybe we should take her back home,” she said, concerned. I don’t know why I was perfectly fine.
“No!” Jacob yelled. “She needs to do this, or she will remain locked up in her room forever feeling miserable and alone; we are going to the party,” he demanded as he picked me up and flung me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.
“Jacob has a sexy bum, sexy bum, sexy bum,” I sang as I repeatedly slapped his backside. “The view from here is spectacular. Jacob, when did you become so muscly?” I asked him.
He gripped hold of my legs tighter. “Quit it, Phoebe, or I will put you down and make you walk,” he said, sounding agitated.
I mischievously giggled. “Well, how about switching me from the nice view of your rear end into your manly, sexy arms so I can squeeze those mighty bulgy biceps you have nicely acquired while drooling over your well-defined abs,” I mocked him. I didn’t know how long I could stay in this position before puking over his ass. “Or do you prefer running your hands up the inside of my thighs?” I sweetly added.
Tania, who was flopped over Phil, Charlotte’s mate’s shoulder, gave me an upside down high five.
“Yeah, Jacob. Or you could trade her for me; I wouldn’t pass up the opportunity of smacking myself a nice piece of ass,” she sweetly added.
With that statement, we all couldn’t contain our loud, boisterous laughter.
We had to stop; Jacob thought I might accidentally pee myself down the front of him, so he put me down. Thank god, I thought I was going to spew.
Jacob turned and faced us with a scowl. “I hope you girls are having a blast of a time at the expense of my body,” Jacob retorted, flashing us a lopsided grin.
That’s the spirit, Jacob. Adding a bit of wolfsbane to our drinks will make us drunk.
Jacob handed me his beer, which I quickly downed, “Now, what do I do if he is there?” I asked them, feeling miserable again at the thought of seeing him.
I still wasn’t sure how my wolf would react to seeing her mate. After all, she has threatened to mark him the first opportunity she gets.
“Don’t blame me; just admit you want to jump his bones too,” she angrily retorts as she bares her canines at me.
Why does she have to be so aggressive?
“At least I have the guts to do something about it,” she adds as she angrily swished her tail.
Jacob lifted me in his arms. “Don’t worry about him, doll; I will handle it. Just go in, find someone to dance with and have the time of your life. Everything will be okay,” Jacob reassured me as he started carrying me bridal style as we finished making our way towards the pack house.