Chapter 6 First Kiss

Phoebe
He sits me in our closest vehicle, his red Porsche. It would be a shame if I were to extend my claws and ruin the fancy leather seats, but keeping my big girl panties on, I held my hands in my lap as I welcomed the silence.
I was so disappointed with myself, all these thoughts on what I would do when I finally came face to face with him, and I couldn’t do one of them.
In the next township, which was two hours later, he pulled over.
We are in front of a gigantic hotel measuring about 100 feet tall. The building was built with white marble stone and huge tinted glass windows. The roof was flat and looked to be made of tin.
I loved the sound that the rain made hitting on a tin roof.
But what shocked me was the hotel’s name once it had registered in my head, ‘Lady Phoebe’ and what it could mean.
He turns the ignition off and faces me. “You’re important to me, Phoebe; you always have been, even before I knew you were mine. This is one of the first hotels I invested in, from grandma’s inheritance. Now, this is mine, along with several others,” he explained while running his hands down the front of his face.
“You’re the first woman I’ve ever truly cared about, and I still do. It felt right to name this hotel after you,” he said, his voice filled with tenderness. His eyes held such softness that it melted my heart.
His confession brought tears to my eyes and left me feeling breathless. Ella was doing excited laps inside my head. I just wanted to fling myself in his arms. But when he jumped out of the car, ran around my side and opened the door, the moment passed me by.
We entered through glass revolving doors and into the foyer, which was breathtaking. Scattered around the gleaming polished white tiled floor were several parlour palms. Big, soft, comfortable sofas with armchairs and several water stations sat to my right. To my left sat the reception area with a bored and uninterested looking receptionist as she mindlessly stared at the computer screen in front of her. I could tell her skin was olive skin and her long purple-dyed hair, clashed with the bright green top she wore. The middle of the foyer housed a substantial sweeping staircase, and the lifts were at the back of the lobby.
We made our way to the reception desk, where Damon approached the receptionist, Kim, whose name was proudly displayed on her name tag, and kindly asked for the executive floor.
“Sorry sir,” she replies, not looking up from her keyboard, “but that’s unavailable to you; it’s reserved strictly for the owner. If you like, I can give you our honeymoon suite,” she adds, just looking up from her laptop.
She licks at her lips as her grey eyes light up, betraying her want for my mate when she finally sees him.
“I am the owner, Mr Black. Now give me the keys, or you won’t have a job,” roars Damon, frustrated and oblivious to her needy looks.
She quickly hands Damon some keys while apologising. Then her eyes land on me.
“Can I get you anything, Miss?” she adds as an afterthought while letting her eyes roam the length of my mate’s body again.
Yeah, you can keep your eyes off my mate before I nail you to the floor. “A Diet Coke to go,” I innocently smiled at her.
Damien grabbed the keys and my hand and walked me towards the elevator.
I felt slightly disappointed. I wanted to take the staircase to see how his backside muscles faired while getting a workout.
Tingles were shooting up my arm from his touch; a fire was slowly burning with need throughout my body as my panties dampened.
Once inside the elevator, I let his hand go and jumped to the other side, Damon raising his eyebrow, silently questioning my action. He takes a whiff of the air and lowly growls, “I can smell your arousal, my little mate,” he steps closer to me.
I instinctively took a step back, he moved forward, and I move back. My back is now touching the wall of the elevator.
He cages me in with his arms, running his nose down the side of my face and resting his face into the curve of my neck, inhaling.
My wolf is projecting dirty thoughts on me and Damon. I can’t stop myself this time; Jacob is not here. Just a little taste won’t hurt.
I whimper with need as Damon wraps his arms around my waist, bringing me closer to his body; oh lord, he feels so good.
He raises my head, upholding my gaze, and brings his lips down on mine. His lips were warm and soft; I could taste our shared breath.
He pushes his tongue against my closed lips, pinching me on my backside. I gasped, and my lips parted. Taking advantage, he slides his tongue in and tangles it with mine, trying to fight for dominance. I dropped my Diet Coke and wound my arms around his neck, weaving my fingers through his hair.
My first real, proper kiss ends as the elevator doors slide open. Yes, he gave me a lip slap when he first arrived home, but that was all. This kiss, this kiss, was truly incredible and toe-curling. How do I get more of where that came from?
As I followed Damon into the executive room, a gasp escaped my lips when I saw the enormous king-size bed. It was decorated with a striking red and black cover, accompanied by an assortment of pillows in various shapes and sizes. I couldn’t wait until I could explore the depth of its softness or find out if it was as warm as it looked inviting. But the question remained: Will I be exploring it on my own, or… my eyes drift towards Damon as a new wave of hope begins to form. Will he be sharing it with me?
He turned to face me as we approached the black leather couch, “I can’t express how sorry I am to you, Phoebe. But what I previously told you was the truth; I don’t recall sleeping with her. Even though she and her father want me to, I refuse to claim her as mine. Until I’m certain the pup is mine, I still have no idea what to do because you mean so much more to me. I’m in love with you,” he acknowledges, smiling warmly at me.
“You won’t?” I stammered, not quite believing what I just heard. Ella was overjoyed when he shook his head ‘no’ and massaged my thighs.
“I’ve relocated her into the suite next door to my parents. Edmund is scared of something happening to her, so she isn’t allowed to leave it unless she is with me, which isn’t often. Since her room is well stocked and Mum does her laundry, she has no reason to leave it,” he confessed in a gentle tone.
My mouth hung open in shock; I didn’t know how I should feel.
He grabbed my hands, placed them on his lap, and nervously licked his lips.
My gaze was fixed on his tongue as he slid it across the top of his lip to the bottom. Lips made perfectly, especially for me to kiss. My mind wanders back to the kiss in the elevator, and my heart rate accelerates. “Jump, mate!” Ella exclaims excitedly.
He continues. “But Phoebe, I think it’s best if you don’t return to the pack house; your scent is intoxicating; all I want to do is grab and mark you,” his eyes were filled with longing as he gazed at me.
“What do you mean, exactly?” I inquired, sounding more confident. All thoughts of jumping his bones vanish as I irately open my Diet Coke and take a mouth full while waiting for more answers.
He sighs. “I need to keep away from you both. I’m afraid I might mark you because you’re my mate, but my wolf might take charge and mark her because she’s meant to be carrying our pup,” he paused.
“I have to do what’s right, so for now, I’m asking you to wait for me so Edmund can worry about the pup. I don’t care what happens to Sally; Edmund has this possessive attitude towards the pup and continually fights me,” he paused again and looked at me with sad eyes.
I clenched my fists and waited for him to finish his speech.
“Furthermore, I never meant to hurt or humiliate you this way. Not only that, I know you probably don’t want me now, but if there is any hope of getting you back, I need to do the right thing first,” he sighs with frustration while running his fingers through his hair.
Hot, burning anger ran through my blood as I loudly burped.
“How dare you, how dare you order me around,” I yell, shoving him in the chest with my index finger.
“What gives you the right to order me away from all my family and friends because you’re scared you could mark me,” all traces of alcohol are now gone.
“What gives you the right to ask me to wait for you? It was you who couldn’t contain your sexual urges, and it was you who knocked her up. Why should I be punished? I won’t be punished. Screw you, Damon; I would rather reject you now than live like I’m the guilty one because that is you. So don’t feel guilty because you can’t mark me in case that baby actually may belong to you, and it accidentally dies,” I erupted like a volcano, hoping my words would burn him.
“GET OUT, get the hell away from me,” I screamed as hot salty tears fell down my cheeks; Ella whimpered in agreement.
“Go play happy families with your whore, Damon,” I cried out.
“I will stay away from you, but what I won’t do is stay away from my family and my friends, and if I do happen to see you with her, even if it just is for the pup’s sake, you better make sure that you protect her because I can promise you now, me and Ella, will tear her to pieces and scatter her body parts around the pack territory while rejecting your sorry ass, you scummy piece of vermin shit,” I screamed at him as my eyes blazed in anger that I was sure could ignite a flame.
I snatched up my Diet Coke and took another sip to try and calm my raging temper; who did he think he was?
I carefully sat my Coke back on the floor and looked at him again, only to be met with his sorrowful expression. Why should he be upset? It wasn’t me that was demanding or ordering him around; no, that was all him. I scoffed to think he said he loved me, pfft.
He stood up, ready to leave, as another thought crossed my mind.
“While we are on the subject, I also don’t think it’s very fair of you to keep her locked up. Think about her health if you’re so concerned about your pup. If that was me, would you keep me locked up like a prisoner?” I yelled at him as I shoved him backward through the room and out the door.
Letting the door slam shut, I locked it so he couldn’t get back inside. I should have punched him in the face; how dare he.
I let out a frustrated growl as I leaned against the closed door. It was better to find out now where I stood and what he wanted.
At least I still had my Diet Coke.
I burned. I’m burning inside. I let out an ear-piercing scream as a hot, burning sensation filled my entire body. The pain was excruciating; it was like my blood had become hot, like lava after an explosion of a volcano.
I slid down onto the floor and rested my back against the door. Reaching up to move a lock of hair that had fallen across my face, I noticed red flames bursting from my fingertips, scorching the floor beside me. What in the world is happening to me?
“Ella, what’s happening?” I screamed out.
I never heard my wolf’s reply.