Chapter 13 The Package

Phoebe

Sitting in Alpha Black’s office an hour later, I sat by the window while we were waiting for Jacob. I also used the opportunity to hide my flaming red cheeks from everybody’s sight. After being caught in a compromising situation, I wasn’t keen on looking anyone in the eye. They had seen every inch of my naked body.

Sipping my Diet Coke, I turned my attention to the scene outside. It was a typical sight with a few pack children playing with a ball, nothing out of the ordinary. It was a beautiful day, with clear skies and a gentle breeze. Perfect for pack children to enjoy some time outdoors.

Hearing the office door open, I quickly turned my head. Jacob came strolling into the office like a predator stalking its prey. That prey was me as he flashed me a cheeky smirk. “Oh! Look at that, would you? She’s wearing clothes,” he grinned as his eyes twinkled with mischief.

“Stop it, Jacob, she’s embarrassed enough,” Damon retorted as he let out a warning growl.

Coming towards me, he hauled me out of my chair and carried me back to the couch to sit me down on his lap.

I was loving all the attention my mate was displaying towards me.

“Says the man with the black eye and claw marks down his back,” replied Jacob, letting out a dry chuckle.

“Are you jealous?” Damon questioned, raising his eyebrow and waiting for Jacobs’s reply.

With a disapproving look, Alpha Black directed his gaze towards Jacob and Damon. “OK, children, enough,” his authoritative and commanding voice hushed the noisy room before anything nasty could develop between the two friends. “We have a few things to discuss,” he added in a gentler tone.

“Alright, let’s dive into the situation, shall we? Why do you all think Sally is being deceitful, lying about carrying Damon’s pup and cheating Phoebe out of her luna position?” he paused, looking thoughtfully around at us.

Our eyes briefly met, his cheeks slightly tinged, while I felt a flutter in my stomach, recalling the delicate situation he had caught us in.

“But here’s the real question: why does Damon need to mark her? What do they expect to gain from it? Let me hear your thoughts, everyone!” Alpha Black asked, his tone filled with intrigue and curiosity as he anticipated our response.

I chewed on my lip before I found the courage to speak. “I have a suggestion,” I replied, nervous about drawing attention to myself.

Damon must have felt my nerves as he gently put his hand up the back of my top and rubbed gentle, soothing circles.

“What’s that?” Alpha Black eagerly asked, giving me his full attention.

We kill her and bury her body under the rose bushes out the front, but of course, I couldn’t voice that so, “To get straight to the point, I think we should continue pretending to be oblivious until we uncover the reason behind her lies and desire for Damon’s mark,” I quickly responded.

Damon’s touch was causing delightful sensations throughout my body, and it was getting hard to resist. On the other hand though, now was not the time to be getting me excited.

Everyone tried to speak at once.

My dad smiled brightly at me. “I think that’s an excellent idea,” he agreed.

“They are mated and marked; how is that going to work?” added my mum, stating the obvious.

It was true Damon couldn’t keep his hands off of me.

Damon’s voice quickened with desperation as he said, ‘Take a look at our marks; what do you think they mean?’ he asked as he raised his eyebrow.

They all came rushing over to examine our marks.