Chapter 14 Hot Springs

Phoebe

As I woke up from a night of tossing and turning, fragments of a dream lingered in my mind. In the dream, there was an old-fashioned hut nestled in a forest, and I encountered a young woman who bore a striking resemblance to me, except for her lighter hair colour.

It felt like she had a message to convey, but the details slipped away from my grasp. Who was she?

The dream felt so real, transporting me to a different time, many years in the past. As I recalled the dream in vivid detail, something nagged at the back of my mind. I shouldn’t discard it like any other dream but rather file it away for future reference.

Today was the day of the Alpha ceremony. Tonight, I would have to stand there and watch him as he makes her his Luna. As the fear wrapped around my heart, the heaviness of emotion suffocated the air from my lungs.

Damon was still fast asleep, unable to help me in my time of need. Even though the ceremony was fake, it still hurt. It was a new reason to hate her; the bitch had cheated me out of a proper Luna ceremony. I hope Jacob has something planned.

Our pack extended invitations to nearby packs to make our plan more convincing, which seemed fine. However, it was the fact of having Sally’s father with a couple of his pack members that posed a concern, as their capabilities remained uncertain.

I haven’t had much alone time with Damon, as the last two weeks have been stressful. Damon taking over the pack meant we both had to learn our new position.

We only saw each other at night; sometimes, our only interaction was a kiss and a cuddle before we fell asleep. On other occasions, Damon and I experienced a passion and love that was just magical. I’m incredibly grateful that I spared his life, but her, on the other hand…

She thought she had exclusive rights to Damon and his body. Always trying to find new ways to touch, or caress his body. I would have shredded her like paper if it weren’t for Jacob or Damon’s calming gaze or quick mind-links.

Planning her funeral would bring me immense joy, and I can assure you it would be a grand and spectacular affair. Oh yes, it would bring me tremendous relief knowing I would be free from all the pain she seems to put me through.

If only I had killed her on the spot in the bathroom the night Jacob and I double-dated with her and Damon. She cornered me, wanting help on the best way to lure Damon into her bed. I can assure you that that hit a major nerve, one I don’t wish to revisit. Lady luck was definitely beside her that night while I was still recovering from the pain of Ella trying to claw her way out of me.

Hopefully, we have done our part in letting her think she has succeeded with her evil plan.

Heading into the shower, I began my morning routine; I didn’t want to be late training the pack’s ten to twelve year old girls. Today, I was teaching them self-defence.

Heading out of the bathroom, Damon stands topless in the middle of our room while buttoning up his blue jeans.

Why did he have to be so desirable?

“Are you ready for today, love?” he asks while throwing on a white shirt with a high collar to cover his mark.

“I don’t think I could ever be ready for this. What if she demands to share the same bed as you? Because if that were to happen, I wouldn’t be able to stop myself from seriously injuring her. You are mine and mine alone; I won’t share you; you can’t make me nor expect me to,” I cried out, not knowing how things were going to play out.

He walks over to me and lifts my chin; I didn’t need his words to confirm what I could see. The warmth and tenderness he was displaying made my heart skip a beat, and my knees tremble. “I already told you, Phoebe, you are mine, and before I let that happen, I will confront her and bear my mark. If need be, I will prepare the warriors, and we will go to war,” he answered straightforwardly.