Chapter 42

I heard her screaming inside her room.

Just like every time she started to throw her stuff around destroying them and she continued it longer than her usual time.

I was curious as to what happened. I already talked with Dean and he is arranging to admit Megan to the mental hospital. I'm waiting until he prepares the documents and after that I would make Mom agree to sign them, so they can take her away.

I know she killed Brittany. She did that to make the police suspect me and she wanted them to take me away. But that plan didn't work because of Vera. Thanks to her, the police won't be able to chase after me. I wa-

Her entry had stopped abruptly and she had continued it after leaving some space. Looked like she had written them at two different times. In that paragraph writing was messy and blotted, like she had cried when she wrote this.

She tried to kill Alex today!

I felt dizzy all of a sudden but managed to control it. My heart pounded in my chest and I continued reading.  

I went out to check on Megan when I heard her opening the front door. I was too late. She already got into my car. I ran back to her room to figure out where she was going. I froze on the spot when I saw Alex's picture with two pins in his eyes. I knew at that instant where she was going. I expected this to happen but not this soon. I knew Alex would be her next target since he didn't fall for her just like Chris did.

I got into Mom's car and drove towards Alex's house praying that I wasn't too late. I called the police on the way and warned them about Alex's safety. I stopped the car a few metres away and ran towards his house hoping that police would come quickly.

I didn't want to get caught with Megan like this and make the investigation more complex. After Dean arranged that I would confess everything.

When I reached Alex's house I saw my car in the driveway and Megan was already in. I ran around the house hoping I would see them, but when I saw what was happening I felt like someone had stabbed my heart.

Alex was kissing Megan and he had no idea who she was.

I stopped reading the entry and ran towards the washroom. I threw up again and again until I felt there was nothing left to throw up. I sat on the floor and my body shook. Every time I remembered that night I felt like throwing up again.

I needed to read the rest!

I needed to know what happened to them after that.

I slowly got up from the floor and washed my face. I walked towards the room hesitatingly and sat down staring at it. I sighed and closed my eyes. I had to read this!

Alex was kissing Megan and he had no idea who she was.

I felt like screaming but I didn't want to scare Alex like that. He could've freaked out when he understood that it wasn't me.

I knew the best thing to do was wait until the police arrived but when I saw Megan pulling a knife out of her back pocket, I understood that I had no time. I ran towards the front door and threw a stone at the windows. I knew they had installed an alarm system and I used it to distract Megan.

I ran back to the spot where I saw them earlier but Alex wasn't there. So I was relieved.

I stopped Megan from killing Alex.

After I was sure he was gone I came out from my hiding spot and stood in front of Megan. She looked at me through the windows with that evil smile on her face and she pulled out her knife gripping it tightly.