The Fight

Title: The Fight
Description: This situation was getting way out of hand. Merlin had been avoiding Lancelot for weeks. No one knew why, and Lancelot refused to say anything about the situation. They weren't sure asking Merlin was going to turn out very well, but they wouldn't have been able to get anything out of him, even if they tried.
Word Count: 2,015
Part: 1/1

**********

This situation was getting way out of hand. Merlin had been avoiding Lancelot for weeks. No one knew why, and Lancelot refused to say anything about the situation. They weren't sure asking Merlin was going to turn out very well, but they wouldn't have been able to get anything out of him, even if they tried.

"We need to do something about this," Gwaine said.

"I'm not sure there's much we can do," Arthur replied.

Arthur, Gwaine, Percival, Elyan, and Leon were meeting in Arthur's room to discuss this situation.

"We have to try something. Whatever's bothering them, they need to work it out and obviously they aren't going to do it on their own!"

"They aren't going to tell us what's going on, so how are we going to help them?" Elyan asked.

"We could try asking them?" Percival suggested, even though he knew it wouldn't work.

The others seemed to know the same because they all dismissed the idea.

"We could make them talk to each other?" Leon said.

"That... could work," Arthur continued, "But how?"

"What if we locked them in a room together?"

All of their eyes lit up, "That's brilliant!"

The rest of their conversation was focused on when, where, and how. It took a while, but they finally got the details figured out. Tomorrow, in one of the cells (it's one of the only places that lock from the outside). They would get them there by escorting them and leaving them to talk it out. They agreed not to tell them, but they were going to listen in, just to know when they had finally worked things out. The knights left the room smiling, confident that their plan would work and that things would get back to normal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Gwaine. Where are we going?" Merlin asked.

He was blindfolded and being led somewhere he couldn't see. They walk down some stairs and into a cold echoey room.

"Okay, you can take it off now."

Merlin took his blindfold off, only to be face to face with Lancelot... in a locked cell.

"Gwaine! Open the door, I have chores to do," he yells, not saying a word to Lancelot, but moving as far away from him as possible.

"Not until you work things out."

And with that, he walked off to where the others were hiding, ready to eavesdrop on the pair.

It's quiet for a while after the footsteps fade. Finally, they heard Lancelot speak.

"Merlin. Please stop avoiding me."

"I'm not avoiding you," Merlin said (while backing away from him).

"Then stop moving away from me."

"No! Lancelot back up, please."

When Merlin said that, the knights almost ran back to the cell to get Merlin, but decided to wait a little longer.

They heard Lancelot sigh and some footsteps backwards.

"Merlin, please."

"Lancelot. I'm not going to risk it. I don't want to hurt you again," Merlin said, confusing the knights.