If the Disir Judged Merlin Instead

Title: If the Disir Judged Merlin Instead
Description: What if the Disir decided to judge Emrys for his destiny still being incomplete, instead of Arthur for rejecting the Old Religion? Reveal fic obviously. Also Mordred is good because I say so.
Word Count: 3,329
Part: 1/1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Osgar," a voice called, causing the man to turn around.

He kneeled.

"You know what must be done," she continued.

"I do," he said.

"Stand. Take it," the cloaked woman gave Osgar the token, "The fate of Emrys is in your hands now. See that you honor it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arthur was sitting at a table, with his council when Leon walked in hurriedly.

"What news from the East, Sir Leon?" he asked.

"Serious news, I'm afraid sire," he said taking a seat.

"As you know, a few days ago, our garrison in the forest of Breckfire intercepted the man who goes by the name of Osgar."

"The sorcerer."

"The same. They were trying to apprehend him when he used his powers to escape. I'm sorry to report that Sir Ranulf was mortally wounded."

"Sir Ranulf? He was a loyal and true knight," Arthur continued, "Place all the men in the Eastern territories on high alert."

"Yes sire."

"I personally shall lead a patrol to bring this Osgar to justice."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sire," Mordred said, pointing at Osgar's fleeting figure in the distance.

The knights split up, and rush towards the man.

Gwaine and Elyan are the ones to find Osgar.

"Who are you, and what's your purpose." Gwaine demanded.

"I was beginning to fear you took the wrong path."

"Who are you?" Gwaine repeated.

"My name is Osgar. And I have an important message for Emrys. Take me to your king," he demanded, knowing that Emrys is always by his king's side.

Ignoring the odd name, Emrys, Elyan said, "It'll be our pleasure."

"Do you not know who I am?" Osgar asked when Elyan pointed his sword at his neck.

"You are a sorcerer, a heretic, and a murderer," Gwaine interrupted.

"No, just a man who values his freedom. Take me to your king."

Osgar pushed the knights' swords away and when they pointed them at him again, he yelled.

"Would you challenge me!?"

He threw the knights back with magic, but only after Gwaine gave him a fatal wound to his stomach. He gets up, and wanders, desperately looking for Emrys to complete his task, before he dies.

He walked up from behind them, not trying to be stealthy.

"Stop!" Arthur yelled.

"Sire," he said falling to his knees, "My name is Osgar.

"I know who you are."

"I am sent from the sacred Disir to pass judgement on Emrys."

"What right have you to pass judgement," Mordred asked, lowering his sword.