You Make Such a Beautiful Lady, Merlin

Title: You Make Such a Beautiful Lady, Merlin
Description: You will never be able to convince me that if Mordred and Merlin were actually friends he wouldn't tease Merlin about the whole "Dolma" thing.
Word Count: 494
Part: 1/1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this week's is so short again! I've been barely writing and when I am I'm working on a different fic I've been meaning to post. Hopefully I get it finished by next week!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mordred knew Merlin was going to be the one summoning the Triple Goddess. But how he was going to disguise himself was a mystery to the younger man. So, when he saw a very old, very female Merlin coming towards them, his mouth widened in shock.

"Now it makes sense," Arthur whispered to him, "Merlin said she had trouble getting clothes."

Before Mordred could even fully process what was happening, Merlin spoke.

"Who are you," he said, and Mordred almost choked on his own spit, "What business have you in this sacred place?"

"Are you the Dolma?" Arthur asked, "Ancient Sorceress of the Cauldron of Arianrhod?"

Merlin looked at him like he just asked what color the sky was.

"Who else would I be?"

When Arthur turned to him and asked him if the sorceress looked familiar he only just managed not to laugh and replied, "There is something."

There was little other talk. Mordred couldn't resist pointing out the fact that Merlin was gone. But other than that, everything went according to plan. Merlin summoned the Triple Goddess (and holy everything that was a lot of power) and Gwen was healed. It was only until they were on the way back to Camelot that Mordred teased Merlin for the first time.

"You know, Merlin," he said, his voice lowering, "You make such a beautiful lady."

Merlin's face grew hot and his ears went pink.

"Oh, shut up."

Mordred laughed at his grumblings and they didn't mention this for the rest of the way back to Camelot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MANY YEARS LATER (shortly after the magic reveal)

Merlin had told Arthur about his magic a week ago, and there was still so much he needed to explain. But then Arthur found out about Mordred and wanted his take on things. Great.

"Arthur?" Mordred questioned, stepping into the king's chambers.

Only Arthur, Mordred, and Merlin were there.

"Ah! Mordred. Merlin is refusing to explain something to me and I need your take on it."

Merlin buts in, "Arthur, really there's no point in-"

One look from Arthur shuts him up.

Mordred hesitated.

"What is it he's not explaining?"

"He's refusing to tell me why we needed to find some recluse old sorceress to free Gwen from Morgana's mind control when he's supposedly the most powerful warlock to ever exist. I refuse to believe it's just to keep his precious "secret" intact."

Mordred paused, looking between Merlin and Arthur with a straight face before he bursted out laughing.

"Mordred!" Merlin yelled a warning at the younger man, his face bright pink.

"There's a reason no one's ever seen Merlin and the Dolma at the same time," he stated simply and walked out, giggling like a little girl, before Arthur even had time to process what he said.

As much as he wanted to see Arthur's reaction, he did not want to face Merlin and thought it best to promptly find a hiding spot. Or maybe Percival.

The End