Strawberries

Title: Strawberries
Description: Merlin, finally, makes a strawberry. Freylin angst.
Word Count: 273
Part: 1/1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this week's is so short again! I've had a super busy week and didn't get a chance to finish the fic I've been trying to post of about a month. I'm going to try and get it out next week, but I've been saying that for a while now😅

(Also this is kinda inspired, but I can't remember what the fic is. If you find it, please lmk!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Merlin had locked himself up in his room for a whole week now, and Arthur was getting worried. He knocked on the Court Sorcerer's door, not expecting a response, before walking right in.

The first things he saw were roses; lots of them. They were scattered all across the room, and the majority of them covered the small desk where Merlin was sitting. The next things he noticed were just about ten strawberries lining the windowsill. Merlin's back was towards him and he was looking at something in his hand.

"Merlin?" Arthur called, causing the man in question to quickly stand and turn around.

"Arthur!" he answered cheerfully, looking both exhausted and accomplished.

"What... have you been doing in here? You've locked yourself in here for almost a week!"

Merlin had the decency to at least look a little sheepish.

"I've been trying to perfect a certain spell. When I was younger, I didn't have the experience to do it and I guess after that my brain just never wanted to get over certain memories and actually do it. But I can do it now! Watch this."

Merlin cut his ramblings off by whispering a spell. There was a flash of gold in his eyes and when he opened his cupped hands, there was a single perfect red strawberry inside.

"It's..." Arthur didn't know what to say.

Somehow, he was expecting something more.

"That's amazing, Merlin."

Still, the look in Merlin's eyes had him wondering why he was having trouble making strawberries when he'd conjured much more than that without a single word. So, he asked; Merlin told him about Freya.

The End