Chapter One

1553 - Westminster Palace England

Lady Isabelle Harrington was the most beautiful young woman in the entire court, Henry had requested she come to Court at his own request so she may get to know the court, and now it works.

Shortly after her arrival one such courtier caught Isabelle's eye The Kings best friend and former brother in law of his majesty Charles Brandon His Grace the Duke of Suffolk.

Your Grace! May I present you to my cousin .... Lady Isabelle Harrington daughter of the Earl of Harrington"! His majesty spoke to Charles smiled accordingly at the beauty before him and took her hand kissing it " My Lady...... it's an honour to meet you at last"! Isabelle smiled at the young dashing Duke " I Thankyou Your Grace that's really very kind of you"! Isabelle repiled with a giggle, her cheeks glowed as she stood there a little longer speaking with the Duke. " How are you finding Court my lady"? His Grace asked her with a wide smile, " I like it very well your Grace indeed there is nothing that has intrigued me"!, Charles felt his heart beating rapidly by just standing here talking to her.

indeed? Have you explored the Knot garden? It's quite something"! Laughed His Grace. Isabelle smiled at him " n...no I cannot say that I have your Grace although I plan too"!

Charles found her absolutely beautiful, charming and gracious. " My god if I don't get her by this evening I'm a fool"! He thought to himself, " Tell me my Lady do you ride"? Charles asked her smiling, (it seems hes nothing but smile at her) " Yes your Grace I can ride but I must confess that I have a passion for archery too you see my father The Earl his majesties Cousin wanted ot so wished for me to learn"! Isabelle replied kindly sipping her wine. " Are you indeed? You do surprise me! A lady who shoots . ... well you don't hear that often here"! Charles exclaims.

A dance"! Shouts the King, from the top table.

My Lady! May I have the pleasure of this dance"? Asked Charles, Isabelle accompanied the Duke onto the floor where it was there that she had her first glimpse of the Lady Anne Bolyen staring at her with daggers, drawn in her eyes, the Duke knew of the boleyn family were capable of and so made his mission to protect the innocent lady Isabelle.

I cannot your Grace... I'm afraid I'm abit rusty"! Isabelle tried protesting. " nonsense my Lady you'll do just fine your capable hands of a Duke what could possibly go wrong"? Charles teased

 " nonsense my Lady you'll do just fine your capable hands of a Duke what could possibly go wrong"? Charles teased

Your Grace! Are you purposely trying to put me off my dancing"? Isabelle asked teasingly. " Of course not dear Lady... I was just pulling your arm"! Responded the Duke winking at her. The King watched his friend and his Cousin making merry together to him she looked quite settled and content in Charles's company in fact he doubted she would have anyone else. His majesty watched on with delight at the scene before him his best friend and his cousin what a moment that'll be for the Court he awaited Charles's company. The music ended and Isabelle and the Duke walked happily back to their seats together. By this time The King had been talking to Thomas boleyn master of his household with no idea of what he was planning. " Charles my friend"! Chanted the King clapping him on the back. " How do you find our newest member of the Court"? The King asked him. " You know I've seen how you are with her! I want you to keep an eye on her while she is here make sure that she comes to no harm I give you permission to have her at your home in Suffolk and if you see fit have guards posted at the apartments here I'm placing her under protection Charles"! The King told him.