Chapter Eight

1553 - WESTMINSTER PALACE LONDON ENGLAND: Christmas tide

His majesty wished Lady Isabelle's Christmastide would go a little better Charles had been at her side without the whole ordeal and he vowed to stay that way, at least to Isabelle. With Lady Anne Boleyn at Court and still raging over her Isabelle felt scared that Anne may become jealous of her and attack Isabelle for no reason.

Henry, as well aware of brutal but murderous attempt that contrived on Bishop Fisher so he feared they night try it here again with her.

" Happy Christmas Isabelle Charles and I... have a gift for you"! Isabelle was puzzled at stared at his majesty and his best friend standing behind him.

" actually it's a few gifts not just one"! His majesty told Isabelle.

(Isabelle's new gown from His majesty King Henry)

(A black stallion from Charles)

**
Isabelle was moved by the wondrous gifts that the two men had gifted her, " With him you will be envy of the Court"! His majesty joined Isabelle looking of tbe window at the horse. " he's beautiful Thankyou your Grace"! Isabelle smiled, " Now why don't you and Charles go and get to know him hmm! I'm sure he'd live his mistresses Company"! The King suggested. " now for a ride"? Henry looked hopeful at Charles " yes why not? Get some I'd that bracing air into your lungs"! Isabelle went to kiss charles on the cheek, of course he had to give The King one first.
" Thankyou your majesty"! Isabelle smiled beaming with joy at riding her own horse for the first time. " I should go and see to Anne .... Isabelle enjoy yourself"! The king smiled at her shutting the door behind him as he left.

Charles couldn't wait to clutch her in his arms and kiss her passionately on the lips but gently.

" I Thankyou Charles... for my gift hes a beautiful looking beast"! He chuckled at her.

" There will be no finer beast in England I daresay"! Charles beamed as he gently kissed her cheek.

Isabelle hurried to change into her riding habit of dark green cotton and black boots.

She came from behind the screen donned in her riding habit it was the envy of lady Anne's but Isabelle didn't care.