Chapter Six

Westminster Palace London 1553/4 - At supper that evening King announces Charles's engagement to Lady Harrington.

(Isabelle's supper Gown)

For Charles this was a great moment, although he had no idea that his majesty was to announce the engagement of himself and Lady Harrington.

" Your majesties His Grace The Duke of Suffolk and Lady Harrington"! Announced the Kings herald.

" Charles, Isabelle come sit with me"! Henry smiled as lovingly kissed Isabelle on both cheeks.

The Duke lead Isabelle to the table where Lady Anne sat with her father, brother and Uncle The Duke of Norfolk.

The Boleyns gave her a scowl and his Grace gave them one back Isabelle was innocent.

The Earl of Wiltshire nodded and smiled at Lady Isabelle ... " Its good to see you up and about my Lady"!

His majesty continued his attentions with the Lady Isabelle as he guided to the seat next to him.

" Lords ladies and gentlemen of the Court! My dearest Cousin here Lady Isabelle and His Grace The Duke of Suffolk are to be wed"! The King announced with joy.

The entire Court erupted in cheers and clapping and merriment but Lady Anne wasn't happy about this marriage. The King has not announced their marriage yet.

Isabelle chided her Cousin " Your majesty! Please no"!

" nonsense my dearest cousin you are to have the wedding here at the palace"! Henry announced.

Isabelle greatly missed the Lady Mary she enjoyed with chatter and joyful laughter..

♧♧♧♧

That evening, Lady Isabelle Harrington returned to her chambers with Charles whom was inherently pleased.

He knew that after the poisoning the King would never trust the Boleyns again, let alone the Queen she was to arrested on charges of adultery with three of the men she was found on numerous occasions in her chambers

Mark Smeaton, Sir Henry Norris, George boleyn and Thomas Wyatt the poet.

" my dear I'm sorry I had no idea the King was going to announce our betrothal"! Charles offered as way of apology. Lady Isabelle turndd to her beloved Charles stalking toward him in her nightgown laying her hands upon his warm welcoming chest,

" My love! It doesn't matter ... the whole Court knows I am to wed to the most noble and gallant men of his majesty's court .... better still he is best friend to his majesty and therefore..... my friend and husband- to - be as well"! Isabelle affirmed to him.

Charles was tall and muscular so he captured her lips with his kissing her softly " Very true my love Come we must to bed"! Charles repiled with a smile.