Chapter Four

1553 Westminster Palace London England - Isabelles poisoning

Charles had spent the last few short weeks taking great care of his charge and secret love Lady Isabelle, he lay beside her in her bed every evening watching her sleep, now and again she would stir he would hush her back into sleep kissing her hair.

This morning, Charles lay in bed beside his love Isabelle watching her sleep, Isabelle stirred turning over in her sleep facing him.

Charles hated the Boleyn's he had named Anne as a whore and a witch Isabelle negged him not to speak so violently against him, he feared that some harm would come to Isabelle if he wasn't there in her chambers.

The Court had not been stirred from their beds yet and this was no different, he placed a warm comforting her hand upon her hip softly running his thump over the pinky skin that peeked though the nightgown she was wearing, Isabelle felt it and she stirred slightly opening her eyes to see ' sweet darling Charles' smiling down at her.

" Goodmorning my sweet darling izzy"! Charles smiled kissing her lightly on the forehead.

She reached a hand out from under the luxurious covers touching his cheek, ," good morning to you too mu sweet Charles"! Isabelle replied sleepy morning smile.

" how do I find you this morn"? Charles asked her, Isabelle stifled a yawn " I'm quite well rested Charles I assure you"! Came her reply.

" How do I find you this morn"? Isabelle asked him back, " strangely quietly contented"! Came Charles's reply.

" how I wish I could spend all day here with you instead of tending to his majesty and his every whim"! Charles complained, Isabelle cressessed his jaw with her thumb lightly, " Love! You must do as you have always seen for to serve his majesty counsel him as his friend listen to him when he's in distress"! Isabelle advised him.

Charles was thankful for his only chance to protect this beautiful creature before him from any harm she was after all the kings cousin.

" I thank you for your wise counsel my dearest"! Charles smiled planting a kiss on her pinky lips.

Eventually, the palace awoke, they dined at breakfast in their own apartments Charles stayed with her that morning having breakfast.

" What allies you my sweet Charles"? Isabelle asked, as she got up from the table and levelled down to him looking sweetly up at him, he smiled generously at her " My sweet Isabelle.... theres nothing for you to worry about I'm just weary that is all"! Charles repiled answering her.

Izzy knew better then believe him, she did not, she worried for him so, " My sweet Charles! Talk to me"! Izzy begged.